Title: Maintenance Tech
Reports To: Reports directly to Maintenance Supervisor
Education: A high school diploma or equivalent. Electrical degree or certification preferred.
Characteristics: Able to meet deadlines and be accountable for quality/ quantity. Able to work flexible hours with a history of dependability as demonstrated with strong attendance record. Comfortable using a team approach to problem solving. Have strong sense of urgency. Individual must be a motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently. Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that gets along with customers, clients, co-workers and supervisors.
• Incumbent must handle hazardous waste in accordance with the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) and company policy.
• Provide effective leadership and coaching to employees to achieve the required quality and productivity goals.
• Organize work for smooth operations.
• Provide the shift-to-shift communication link in order to keep all team members working toward the same goals.
• Responsible for the daily maintenance and repair of production process equipment including but not limited to vacuum furnaces, boilerclaves, conveyors, wax press, and robotic cells.
• Troubleshooting of electrical/mechanical/hydraulic problems in a timely manner to minimize downtime of equipment.
• Perform regularly scheduled preventative maintenance.
• Assist in other plant maintenance work as required by supervisor.
• Repair and maintain other plant equipment as experience indicates.
• Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that gets along with customers, clients, co-workers and supervisor.
• Observe all safety requirements.
• Perform preventative maintenance to all process equipment throughout facility.
• Housekeeping and organization as required, as well as other duties as requested by manager, ensuring that all safety requirements are practiced.
• Limited construction/installation of equipment.
• Perform work in various areas such as electrical, pneumatics, hydraulics, pipe fitting, welding, and soldering.
• Operate equipment pertaining to maintenance including fork trucks, scissor lifts, and aerial lifts.
**Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.**
***We maintain a drug free workplace; a drug test may be required to transfer into a new position.***