Maintenance Tech (Electrical)
Provides mechanical, electrical, and instrumentation engineering support for the Tunica and Hernando Mills. Primary areas include developing and maintaining; reliability programs, Root Cause Problem Elimination (RCPE), preventive and predictive maintenance programs, troubleshooting project sponsorship.
• Follows work instructions and departmental procedures to perform essential functions of job.
• Improves Equipment and Process Reliability:
• Provides reliability expertise and actively promote a culture of reliability.
• Performs RCPE, including follow-up action and recommendations.
• Develop new or improved existing preventive and predictive maintenance procedures.
• Defines leads and coordinates maintenance work and projects.
• Stays up to date on reliability and maintenance best practices.
• Drive equipment improvements based on reliability data.
• Identify opportunities to improve equipment condition monitoring.
• Supports Operations and Maintenance:
• High level process/equipment troubleshooting.
• Lead and/or sponsor improvement projects.
• Maintain an effective working relationship with personal at all levels of the organization.
• Provide professional communication through presentations, reports and status updates.
• Generate ideas for improvements of processes and equipment.
• Analyze spare parts requirements and identify obsolete or excess spare parts.
• Promotes a safe working environment and safe work practices:
• Completes all safety training and attends safety meetings and briefings.
• Identifies and corrects or reports safety hazards in a timely manner.
• Adheres to all plant safety rules.
• Practices good housekeeping in the shop and at the job site.
• Maintains and uses all required PPE under all circumstances.
• Administrative responsibilities
• Completes required paperwork thoroughly and accurately.
• Notes any uncorrected discrepancies on all work orders.
• Team member responsibilities:
• Performs PM’s and all aspects of his job up to PCC standards and values.
• Informs the Lead or Superintendent of any concerns affecting his ability to perform at a high level.
• Meets or exceeds expectations for safety, quality and thoroughness of work performed.
• Provides technical assistance to other members of his crew as needed.
• Takes full advantage of every training opportunity to enhance and improve his capabilities and performance.
• Job performance:
• Performs all tasks in accordance with established procedures.
• Utilizes technical manuals to determine proper specifications for machine maintenance.
• Responds quickly and professionally to the needs of production.
• Maintains company tools and equipment to ensure availability and serviceability.
• Consistently available for work with little to no attendance issues.
• Eagerly accepts and completes all training requirements.
• Strives for self-improvement and sets goals for advancement within the company.
• Communicates effectively:
• Communicates daily with the shift Lead Technician concerning work priorities and assignments and any assistance needed.
• Develops a strong relationship with operators to improve communication concerning machine performance.
• Seeks out feedback from supervision in his efforts toward continuous self-improvement.
• Provides accurate and thorough information to the Lead Technician concerning current job status such as parts requirements, estimated completion times and any hindrances
Must understand and follow requirements of SXP QMS and EHS system.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma or GED required
• Certifications in maintenance related coursework required; AA degree in Industrial Maintenance Technology preferred.
• 1-3 years previous maintenance experience in heavy industrial manufacturing environment required
• Ability to work flexible hours as required, including weekends and holidays
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
CULTURAL FIT – PCC VALUES
Drive For Results
PHYSICAL DEMANDS – THE PHYSICAL DEMANDS DESCRIBED HERE ARE REPRESENTATIVE OF THOSE THAT MUST BE MET ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee works in a plant environment that is not climate controlled. This is a tobacco free work environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
BY AN EMPLOYEE TO SUCCESSFULLY PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
WORK ENVIRONMENT – THE WORK ENVIRONMENT CHARACTERISTICS DESCRIBED HERE ARE REPRESENTATIVE OF THOSE AN EMPLOYEE ENCOUNTERS WHILE PERFORMING THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB. REASONABLE
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.