Maintenance Helper - LPC/270
Job Description *
To provide basic maintenance, repair, installation, cleaning and modification of equipment, facilities and grounds under the supervision of more experienced personnel; to participate in training to advance to Maintenance Mechanic I and Maintenance Mechanic II.
Trainees are expected to complete training in 12 - 24 months, and may be promoted to Maintenance Mechanic I when training is successfully completed, based on the needs of the company.
1. Maintenance and Repair.
Objective: to maintain and make minor repairs to equipment and facility systems and grounds.
A. Recognizes, investigates and reports findings on maintenance problems.
B. Works from work order for minor repairs.
C. Installs and repairs washroom fixtures; completes minor plumbing repairs.
D. Maintains fences, cleans grounds, cleans gutters, repairs leaks.
E. Maintains work areas, machines, tools, and test equipment used in maintenance activities.
F. Paints areas as assigned.
G. Clean Vacuum furnace, Burnout furnace maint., (surveys, cleaning)
H. Filter changes
I. Foundry PM’s, service of equipment
J. Perform duties which will reduce outside vendor cost.
2. Cleaning and Handling.
Objective: to clean and rearrange work areas.
A. Drives forklift to move barrels and equipment.
B. Drives sweeper to sweep halls and driveways.
C. Cleans and sets up areas of meetings; moves furniture.
D. Fills in for janitors as needed.
E. Maintains and transfers chemical barrels as needed.
F. May participate in Hazardous Materials Handling team as assigned.
Objective: to take responsibility for and demonstrate safe work practices.
A. Adheres to plant and department safety rules.
B. Safely operates all equipment and tools.
C. Identifies and reports safety problems, corrects when possible.
D. May be required to work with hazardous waste.
E. Completes logs and records.
F. Performs other tasks as directed.
1. Training in an on-the-job training program of approximately 2100 hours is provided; classroom training may be assigned.
2. May be required to complete Hazardous Waste Materials Handling Training.
3. PCC's Forklift Driving Safety Certification Training, as assigned.
4. May be required to complete hazardous waste management training.
1. Two years of trade school or apprenticeship training in a skill set found in Maintenance Helper work: heating/venting and air conditioning, carpentry, plumbing, sheet metal, machinist, auto or welding, is preferred.
2. Valid driver's license; may be required to drive company vehicles.
3. Ability to read, write and follow basic specifications.
4. Ability to lift and/or maneuver objects weighing ten to forty pounds and occasionally up to one hundred pounds.
5. Ability to work in difficult working conditions which may include exposure to noise, dust, chemicals, temperature extremes and other elements for extended periods of time.
6. Ability to read a tape measre, convert fractions into decimal and decimal into fraction.
SHIFT TO BE DETERMINED
PCC Structurals is committed to a diverse workforce. As Equal Opportunity Employer, VEVRAA Federal Contractor, affirmative action employer we provide equal opportunity to all persons, regardless of race, religion, age, gender, disability, status as a protected veteran, national origin, color, or any other classification in accordance with federal, state, and local statutes, regulations and ordinances "Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran Status/VEVRAA Federal Contractor". Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as PCC Structurals desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. PCC Structurals complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 503-652-3512 for assistance. PCC Structurals is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor committed to providing priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. PCC Structurals complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA). If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please visit www.eeoc.gov.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.