• Responsible for FR profitability.
• Develops processes, defines controls, and institutes effective scrap elimination efforts on assigned directionally solidified, single crystal, and equiax parts.
• Interprets available engineering data.
• Designs, implements and interprets the data of engineering trials to identify and control process excursions.
• Initiates, completes, and submits process approval lots.
• Works with customers and actively participates in special advanced technology programs.
• Works with other PCC organizations as appropriate.
• Responsible for performance to milestones which support customer commitments within budgeted part costs.
• Conceptual design of required tooling and coordination of detailed design and build with in house and outside tool rooms.
• BS degree in mechanical, metallurgy/metallurgical engineering, materials or other related technical discipline preferred. Equivalent experience considered.
• Five years engineering experience (preferably in a manufacturing environment).
• Excellent written and verbal communicative skills required.
• Demonstrated initiative and ownership.
• Strong statistical background and knowledge of Six Sigma, Taguchi DOE, and lean manufacturing a plus.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.