MRB Quality Engineer
The MRB Quality Engineer is responsible for providing quality assurance and control support to customers, suppliers, and internal production; ensuring products, components, parts, and material conform to customer, supplier, and regulatory requirements. This position is a key liaison with internal staff, suppliers, and customers on Quality related matters. This position reports directly to the Quality Engineer Supervisor.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- First Pass Yield
- Cost of Quality
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Comply with PCC Code of Conduct Requirements and all PCC Cardinal Rules (e.g. Quality and Safety).
- Ensure a safe, productive and rewarding working environment.
- Lead MRB meetings with a cross functional team to determine root cause of non-conformances
- Manage the process to reduce operational queues associated with approval of Waivers, Submissions, or any document requiring outside approval
- Address quality inquiries and concerns from our customer and their representatives
- Provide quality customer interface to assure requirements are understood and satisfied. Participate with customer audits, work collaboratively with customers to identify quality gaps, assure corrective action resolution, and oversee continual improvement activities to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Perform and lead internal audit activity to identify process enhancements and ensure compliance with QMS. Responsible for ensuring RCAs are implemented for CARs, PARs and NCRs
- Monitor quality control activities and processes at suppliers. Review and analyze corrective action and non-conformance data to eliminate non-conformances. May assist with suppliers in dock to stock programs to reduce/eliminate the need for incoming inspection activities.
- Submit non-conformance reports to customers
- Develop reports and metrics on various aspects of product assurance function including cost of scrap and rework operations, accuracy of inspection, quality of outgoing product, etc. Monitor nonconforming parts through RMA and the rework process including timely disposition and closure.
- Recommend new techniques and processes to improve the flow of data and documentation.
- Assist with training production staff in the implementation of QMS, inspection procedures and corrective actions as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in engineering related field
- 3+ related experience in a manufacturing environment; forging and/or machining industry preferred
- Knowledge of manufacturing and quality systems; Aerospace preferred
- Knowledge of heat treatment, metallurgy, machining, chemical processing, special processes and applicable specifications.
- Lean manufacturing basics
- Trouble shooting skills with focus on process improvement
- Project Management
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written, to convey ideas and processes
- Ability to complete work assignments accurately and quickly, while always focusing on accomplishing the goal
- Self-motivated and able to work independently without close supervision
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Team Oriented
- Proficient use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Oracle experience preferred
- Ability to work 40+ hours per week, including weekends as required
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.