Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over $10 billion company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp. Mr. Buffet stated, “I’ve admired PCC’s operation for a long time. For good reasons, it is the supplier of choice for the world’s aerospace industry, one of the largest sources of American exports. Berkshire’s Board of Directors is proud that PCC has joined Berkshire.”
PCC Aerostructures is a leading supplier of complex components and assemblies to the global aerospace industry.
PCC Aerostructures now includes 38 plants in the U.S, Europe and Asia with over 6000 employees and has ambitious growth plans. Businesses within PCC Aerostructures include Primus International, SPS Aerostructures, Centra, Avibank and AVK, Klune, Noranco, ProCoat, Southwest United Industries, Progressive Incorporated, Synchronous, and Kalistrut. Plants locations include Washington, Utah, California, Oklahoma, Kentucky, Kansas, Texas, Ohio, Canada, Mexico, the UK and China.
Located in Spanish Fork Utah, Klune Industries is unique in that it produces hard metal complex machined parts for both military and commercial aerospace customers. It is also a vertically integrated business with machining, processing and assembly capabilities.
The Operations Supervisor will be responsible for the overall planning, organizing and coordination of Production activities, as well as employee development, and driving Continuous Improvement activities.
The Operations Supervisor will report to the Director of Operations.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for departmental operations to meet production, quality, delivery, and cost goals for the organization and its customers
- Provide leadership and technical direction to allow team to improve according to key departmental metrics
- Daily reporting of key metrics and adherence to daily targets
- Maintain shift rotation schedule in accordance with the needs of the business
- Provide leadership in establishing standard processes and tools
- Manage personnel performance including employee reviews, disciplinary action, time and attendance, shift scheduling and overtime assignments
- Lead Employee training and development including cross training for the enhancement of employee knowledge, skills and abilities
- Ensure the use of lean manufacturing tools in the development of new processes
- Lead continuous improvement endeavors throughout the department
- Regularly communicate departmental updates to Managers
- Departmental health and safety compliance; toolbox training, accident prevention, injury prevention, equipment safety, as well as compliance with all company goals and objectives
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred
- Proficient with Lean Manufacturing work area practices including 5-S, Visual Controls, Standard Work, work center metrics, and continuous improvement processes and able to instruct others in these practices
- Strong leadership skills at all levels, good work ethic. Ability to professionally communicate and direct the work of others
- Basic English language skills and ability to read, follow, and interpret work instructions
- Willingness to learn and develop and/or train others
- Microsoft Excel skills
Required Experience and Education:
- Manufacturing aerospace experience
- Leadership experience
- BA/S or equivalent education in Engineering or similar technical area or long term career progression in a manufacturing plant