Titanium Metals Corporation (“TIMET”) offers a full range of titanium products, including ingot and slab, forging billet and mill forms. TIMET is vertically integrated, capable of making its own titanium sponge. In 2011, more than 75 percent of TIMET's sales were to aerospace and defense end markets. TIMET operates seven primary melting or mill facilities in Henderson, Nevada; Toronto, Ohio; Morgantown, Pennsylvania; Vallejo, California; Witton, England; Waunarlwydd, Wales; and Ugine, France, and employs approximately 2,750 people. In December 2012, TIMET was acquired by Precision Castparts Corp. (“PCC”). PCC is a worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power and general industrial markets. PCC is a publicly-traded corporation listed on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol “PCP”) and a member of the Fortune 500 and S&P 500. PCC had fiscal year 2013 sales of approximately $8.4 billion and currently has approximately 28,000 employees in more than 150 manufacturing facilities in 15 countries and 30 U.S. states.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: To be specifically acquainted with the operation of cranes up to 10 tons capacity; to inspect, maintain, repair, test, replace, and adjust hoists, lifts, monorails, cranes, and allied equipment.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT: Hand tools, power tools, test instruments and circuits. Power and transportation equipment, burning equipment, safety equipment, etc.
MATERIALS: Electrical hardware and supplies; replacement parts, and apparatus, lubricants, coolants, motors, switches, relays, etc.
1. Dismantles, cleans, repairs, replaces, installs, maintains, assembles and lubricates crane and hoist equipment.
2. Adjusts crane and hoist equipment to obtain proper operating characteristics.
3. May be used on general electrical work if deemed necessary.
4. Operates necessary tools and equipment to carry out above duties in safe manner.
5. Receives and competently follows prints, diagrams, instructions, and job orders.
6. Carries out duties of dismantling, cleaning, repairing, replacing, installing hoists, monorails, lifts, cranes, and allied equipment.
7. Works in shop or field.
8. Will do work so that minimum "downtime" results.
9. Keeps assigned work areas clean.