THIS POSITION IS FOR PRESS FORGE IN PARAMOUNT, CA
The AP/AR Specialist with a minimum of three (3) years of experience with increasing responsibility in finance and accounting along with Oracle experience which is preferable. This candidate should have the ability to work independently but collaborate with the team when necessary. This ideal candidate should have experience in finance (accounting and reporting) along with excellent customer service while handling internal and external clients. This candidate should also have the ability to interpret customer orders and contracts to determine appropriate accounting, and accurately enter financial information on a daily basis.
Bachelor’s a plus
The AP/AR Specialist will be responsible for maintaining accounts payable and receivables in an efficient and effective manner as defined within the guidelines of the company’s control structure. Duties to include:
- Maintain confidentiality at all times, along with the ability emphasize customer service both internally and externally
- Record all accounts payable/receivable transactions in computerized accounts payable system to ensure Generally Accepted Accounting Principles are being adhered to.
- Ability to review sales orders and prepare customer invoices from those orders in a timely manner.
- Ensure proper documentation is received to invoice and that coding of invoices and credit memos is accurate
- Adhere to all reporting deadlines with regards to processing invoices
- Follow up on collection status of invoices to ensure that payment is received in a timely manner. Address collection issues early on in an invoice lifecycle to limit the number of past due items escalating issues as necessary to management.
- Weekly prepares check disbursements to ensure timely payment of vendor services to maintain positive vendor relationship
- Maintains accounts payable/receivable filing system to ensure the expeditious retrieval of information
- Performs timely reconciliations of accounts payable/receivable, employee expenses accounts, and credit card statements
- Enforcement of company policies as they relate to invoice approvals and expenses to include auditing and monitoring of the employees adherence to expense reimbursement policies
- Excellent oral and written communication to customers, vendors and employees
- Account reconciliation as necessary
- All other duties as assigned, or as it relates to the completion of a project
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.