Production - Manufacturing
North Hollywood, CA, US
Job ID: 16914
Req ID: KNH00118
Job Type: Full-time
Date Posted: 2018-02-06 18:39:40
Job Duties Summary:
• Set up and operates various welding equipment to join, fabricate, and repair metal and other weldable material by applying appropriate welding techniques as specified by blueprints, layouts, and operating charts.
• The following primary duties must be performed at a Proficient level of competence at all times:
• Welds flat, cylindrical, or irregular parts that may be clamped, tack-welded, or otherwise positioned.
• Review specifications, blueprints, planning detail and engineering documentations to ensure accuracy of requirements and work
• Weld parts in compliance with specifications and required tolerances
• Adjust shielding gas or gas mixture flow rate.
• Turns knobs to set current, voltage, and slope, and synchronize feed of wire and flux with speed of welding action.
• Starts machine and observes meters and gauges, or observes welding action for compliance with procedures.
• Visually examines welds for adherence to specifications.
• Adjusts machine setup to vary size, location, and penetration of bead.
• Layouts, fits, and tacks work pieces together.
• Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
• Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibit objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interest; able to build moral and group committee to goals and objective; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
• Ethics: Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; uphold organizational values.
• Organizational Support: Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
• Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats other with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
• Quality: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality, applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• Quantity: Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; work quickly.
• Safety and Security: Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
• Attendance/Punctuality: Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meeting and appointments on time.
• Ability to perform a variety of complicated tasks
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Experience and/or Education:
• 5-10 years’ experience as TIG welder
• AWS D17.1 Weld Certification
• 2+ years of experience welding Stainless Steel Materials
• Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence.
• Ability to read and understand blue prints and drawings
• Ability to follow written and oral instructions in English.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding.
• To perform this job successfully, and Individual should be able to adapt to Vantage, Quality, and ADP procedures.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable Individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle parts and equipment; required to frequently stand, talk, and hear; required to walk, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch; must occasionally lift 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
Work Environment: Characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions.
• The noise level in the work environment is variable. Personal Protective Equipment must be worn at all times while performing the duties of this job and while in marked designated areas-- safety glasses, safety shield, earplugs or muff, safety shoes, apron and gloves.