NDT Radiographer Level II
Inspection - NDT/Dimensional
Redmond, OR, US
Job ID: 17151
Req ID: PCC-US.202004
Job Type: Full-time
Date Posted: 2018-02-28 21:35:22
PCC Structurals, a division of Precision Castparts and the world leader in superalloy, aluminum and titanium investment casting is seeking a Level II Radiographer at our Schlosser plant in Redmond, Oregon.
Position evaluates radiographs of castings according to PCC Schlosser work instructions and dispositions castings as either acceptable, repair, or scrap.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Evaluate, disposition and document the radiographic quality of PCC Schlosser castings. This process includes but is not limited to the following:
- Assure castings are in proper department and at the proper operation.
- Verify work instructions are approved by proper authorities.
- Verify that the correct part has been radiographed (lot number and serial numbers match paperwork and film).
- Assure castings were radiographed according to the proper work instruction and that the correct operation has been performed (i.e. 100%, Pre-X, Weld Areas, or Ground Areas).
- Review weld maps to ensure all welds have been covered radiographically.
- Detect, identify, evaluate and disposition casting discontinuities and artifacts per NDT 300 or appropriate addendum and part specific work instruction.
- Defect locate and mark casting for repair.
- Complete preliminary and final film reports using the appropriate database codes. Sign and stamp film report for archive or shipment to customer with film.
- Complete the appropriate logs including Film File Log and Radiographic Daily Inspection Log.
- Must be capable of performing all Level I responsibilities as required.
2. Perform daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly calibrations and process controls per NDT 350.
3. Perform preventive and routine maintenance on X-ray equipment.
4. Responsible for safe work practices by adhering to safety rules, safely operating all equipment and tools, identifying and reporting any safety problems.
5. Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
1. Must show documentation of 80 hours of classroom training and 1600 hours of X-ray experience (800 hours actual film interpretation experience).
2. Must hold a current Level II Certification and recertify every three years.
3. Ability to understand and apply general and complex procedures found in Work Instructions, Quality Manuals and other technical material. Ability to read and interpret specifications on drawings and blueprints preferred.
4. Thorough understanding of casting processes, metallurgy, and the formation of discontinuities.
5. Must have strong math skills and a working knowledge of Algebra.
6. Must have the ability to conceptualize and extrapolate from a 2D-film environment to a 3D casting.
7. Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
8. Familiarity with customer material specifications and the ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
9. Ability to work varying shifts and overtime as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED. Previous radiographic experience and knowledge of basic radiographic techniques required.
Ability to sit, stand, possess vision requirements to use radiographic equipment and to pass a depth perception and color vision test. Ability to exert up to seventy pounds of force to move objects. Ability to work in conditions which may include exposure to noise, dust, chemicals, and varying temperatures.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
PCC Schlosser is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
PCC Structurals is committed to a diverse workforce. As Equal Opportunity Employer, VEVRAA Federal Contractor, affirmative action employer we provide equal opportunity to all persons, regardless of race, religion, age, gender, disability, status as a protected veteran, national origin, color, or any other classification in accordance with federal, state, and local statutes, regulations and ordinances "Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran Status/VEVRAA Federal Contractor". Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as PCC Structurals desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. PCC Structurals complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 503-652-3512 for assistance. PCC Structurals is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor committed to providing priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. PCC Structurals complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA). If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please visit www.eeoc.gov