Senior EHS Specialist
Wyman-Gordon, located in Grafton MA, is a major industrial manufacturer serving a wide range of industries including aerospace, power generation, and industrial businesses. Wyman-Gordon Grafton is a 1 million sq. ft. manufacturing facility with a 50,000 ton press, 35,000 ton press and 18,000 ton press for large titanium, steel and inconel closed die forgings. Wyman Gordon is part of a highly successful, multi-billion dollar diversified manufacturer, Precision Castparts Corporation (PCC).
Senior EHS Specialist
The Senior EHS Leader is responsible for the overall management and supervision of the sites programs and procedures to protect its employees from occupational safety and health hazards and site from environmental risks. The goal of this opportunity is to influence and instill a culture that will minimize hazards to its employees and the environment. Complete validation through root cause investigation and auditing of the implemented initiative and policies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Ownership and implementation of the Safety Management System (SMS)and Execution of EHS policies and regulatory compliance down to the factory floor employees
New Hire Orientation and safety training including LOTO and Confined Space, etc.
Establishing systems to identify, evaluate and control occupational safety and health hazards.
Identifying hazard priorities and tracking the plant’s progress in addressing these priorities.
Establishing oversight and working relationships with the supervisors, operations managers and plant manager regarding the control of occupational safety and health hazards.
Maintaining state of the art knowledge regarding the recognition, evaluation and control of occupational safety and health hazards through ongoing training and research.
Maintaining an expert level awareness of current OSHA, Wyman Gordon Policies and other applicable safety and health regulations.
Chairing the Union-Management Safety Committees in order to help coordinate resources and proactively abate plant safety and health hazards through collaborative hourly and salary work teams.
Conducting his/her work in a manner that strives to reduce costs while maintaining compliance and accomplishing the program’s goals and objectives.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, engineering, chemistry, biology or a related science.
- Three plus years’ experience in the field of EHS in a heavy manufacturing environment.
Prior EHS experience in a union environment is preferred.
- Comfortable addressing groups of people and experience with developing and delivering training programs.
- Certification in industrial hygiene (CIH) or safety (CSP) is desirable, but not essential.
- Experience interacting with regulatory agencies during times of crisis and well as times of relationship building around proactive improvements.
- A basic knowledge of EPA and DEP regulatory requirements for air, water and waste permit compliance.
SPECIAL SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft (especially EXCEL) is necessary.
- A Basic familiarity with RCRA, EPCRA, TSCA is desired.
- The ability to work independently and to be self-motivated.
- Personable with the ability to solve process and systems failures.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience with Gensuite Software
- Ability to look at the plant’s current position regarding occupational safety and health and compliance issues, to identify strengths and weaknesses and to select and promote an appropriate course of action to resolve outstanding issues in order to protect employees and to foster the company’s success.
US Citizenship or Perm Residency is required due to government military contracts.
Wyman Gordon is committed to hiring, promoting and transferring employees without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, national origin (where a person was born), sex, age, ancestry (ethnic heritage), citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other reason prohibited by law. Decisions as to hiring, promoting or transferring employees should be based solely upon job-related qualifications.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wyman Gordon is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 508-839-8004 for assistance.