Continuous Improvement Engineer
Job ID: 18444
Req ID: KNH00119
Job Type: Full-time
Date Posted: 2018-07-20 16:35:35
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyze and plan work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and design layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Estimate production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Introduce Lean improvements in manufacturing and transactional processes/technologies to reduce waste, variation and cost.
- Analyze root cause and implement appropriate corrective action to solve quality and throughput related problems.
- Manage Lean Improvement projects to successful completion
- Applications of Lean principles such as Value Stream Mapping, Single Piece Flow, 5S Visual Factory Management, Total Productive Maintenance, Continuous Improvement Process, Kaizen, Six Sigma, Communication Tools, Statistical Problem Solving.
- Ensure compliance with contractual, operational and regulatory requirements.
- Addressing of production and post-production issues.
- Highly developed and technical knowledge of manufacturing practices and procedures
- General understanding of machine programming
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to analyze complex situations involving diverse data and information, strong communication/interpersonal skills with an outstanding ability to influence others
- Advanced computer skills are required (i.e. MS Office, AutoCAD, Visio etc.)
- Knowledge of Programming Software (Visual Studio)
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a Lean Manufacturing role.
Level of Education:
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering