Special Metals Corporation, A PCC Company is seeking a highly motivated professional to join our team. Our facility in New Hartford, NY has a history of alloy technology now going back some 75 years and continues to provide solutions to difficult materials problems through such time-tested products as our world-recognized INCONEL, INCOLOY, NIMONIC, UDIMET, MONKEL, and NILO alloys. Precision Castparts Corp (PCC), is a worldwide manufacturer of complex metal components and products providing high quality investment castings, forgings, and fastener/fastener systems for critical aerospace and power generation applications.
Analyze, design and prepare drawings for mechanical equipment, building additions and safety related equipment. This work includes design of mechanized systems incorporating a variety of disciplines including hydraulic, pneumatic, vacuum and cooling systems. Projects are often followed from design conception through supervision of installation and operator training. Supervise maintenance workers and contractors when required to ensure successful project completion. The position requires working closely with Maintenance, Production and Engineering departments in addition to outside contracted fabrication and installation services.
• Work closely with the Maintenance and Production departments to ensure continuous operation of the manufacturing plant.
• Conceive ideas and work on mechanical equipment design as requested by production and maintenance. This work includes design of structural, hydraulic, pneumatic, vacuum and cooling systems.
• Conceive ideas and work on design of building additions and safety related equipment.
• Select components, prepare specifications and cost estimates, obtain quotations and procure equipment. Inspect work at vendors’ sites.
• Field supervise SMC and contractor’s personnel and direct installation.
• Work with key department personnel to assure proper action is being taken to complete the engineering task requested.
• Investigate and troubleshoot production equipment. Write reports on findings and take corrective action.
• Maintain proper documentation/drawings of in-plant equipment.
• Prepare manuals for maintenance and production for new and modified equipment.
• Expedite assigned work activities.
This position requires working closely with the Maintenance, Production and Engineering departments. The individual must possess excellent written and oral communication skills and be computer literate.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Incumbent will possess a BSME or BSIE with a minimum of 5 years of experience. Basic background knowledge of metals manufacturing required.
• Computer literacy is a requirement. (Microsoft Office products. AutoCAD and SolidWorks)
• Ability to interface with any person in the organization.
• Organizational skills and attention to detail are critical.
• Reliable attendance and good communication skills are essential.
• Ability to work in a high pressure environment.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.