This position responsible for directing and supervising Supervisors in department operations while being accountable for daily production, productivity, and quality metrics (and troubleshooting any problems related to these metrics), as well as general housekeeping conditions (5S initiative), while ensuring all safety and quality goals are met.
• Supervises operations & directs all supervisors and production works on the shift.
• Ensure consistent quality standards and operational procedures throughout manufacturing process.
• Foster an environment of positive employee relations with open communication channels and employee involvement.
• Proactively cooperate between departments and share resources when needed to meet plant goals and objectives.
• Actively identify and eliminate any potential bottlenecks, including personnel and equipment.
• Effectively plan manpower and overtime to ensure deliveries are met.
• Maintains thorough knowledge of all processes and equipment.
• Using the tools of Lean Manufacturing, effectively develop a continuous improvement culture that focuses on waste reduction in all manufacturing processes.
• Facilitate cross training of employees for flexibility.
• Ensures compliance with manufacturing and safety procedures
• Promote good housekeeping practices.
• Perform monthly safety inspections and participates in safety training.
• Complies with corporate guidelines and legal requirements on business ethics.
• Performs other related duties as required.
• Accomplishes all tasks as appropriate.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering.
• 5-8 years of supervision experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Strong personal leadership and communications skills.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and effective teambuilding skills and capabilities.
• In-depth knowledge and experience in lean manufacturing methodologies and performance metrics.
• Requires that the incumbent be an organized, self-motivated individual who can work independently as well as work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
• Ability to develop accountabilities and measurements for direct reports
• The ability to make independent judgments and utilize analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
• Computer proficiency.
• Ability to meet physical requirements for a machine operator.
• The ability to handle high stress associated with high activity with tight deadlines.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
• Must be a team player with a strong customer orientation.
• Hands-on, take charge attitude.
• The Company retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS – FREQUENTLY MOVES ABOUT THE PRODUCTION FACILITIES. MUST BE ABLE TO DETECT UNSAFE CONDITIONS FROM LONG DISTANCES. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.
WORK ENVIRONMENT – THE PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT REQUIRES THE EMPLOYEE TO WORK BOTH INSIDE AND OUTSIDE IN HEAT/COLD, WET/HUMID AND DRY/ARID CONDITIONS. FREQUENTLY REQUIRED THE USE OF PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT TO PREVENT EXPOSURE TO HAZARDOUS MATERIALS. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.