Machine Shop Support
Production - Manufacturing
Algona, WA, US
Job ID: 21439
Req ID: AUB.012.19
Job Type: Full-time
Date Posted: 2019-04-17 23:55:34
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves. The company has a history of superior earnings growth and was the fourth best performing stock in the S&P 500 during the last decade, up 1580%.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp. Mr. Buffet stated, “I’ve admired PCC’s operation for a long time. For good reasons, it is the supplier of choice for the world’s aerospace industry, one of the largest sources of American exports. Berkshire’s Board of Directors is proud that PCC has joined Berkshire.”
PCC Aerostructures is a leading supplier of complex components and assemblies to the global aerospace industry.
PCC Aerostructures now includes more than 39 plants in the North America, Europe and Asia with over 5500 employees and has ambitious growth plans. Businesses within PCC Aerostructures include Primus International, SPS Aerostructures, Centra, Avibank and AVK, Klune, ProCoat, Southwest United Industries, Progressive Incorporated, Noranco, Synchronous, and Kalistrut. Plants locations include Washington, Utah, California, Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas, Ohio, Canada, Mexico, the UK and China.
Located in Algona Washington, PCC - Auburn is a leading Tier II Supplier of highly engineered metallic and composite parts, kits, and assemblies to the global aerospace industry.
Loads, unloads, and conveys materials within or near plant, yard or work site, and performs a combination of tasks under specific direction, which may include shipping and/or receiving. Opens containers using hand tools. Counts and weighs materials and records information. Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, conveyors, and machines by hand. Loads or unloads materials into or from trucks by hand. Conveys materials using wheelbarrow, hand truck, forklift, electric dolly, elevator or other devices. Stacks or assembles materials. Aids machine operators by lifting heavy objects by hand or by use of power hoist.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Under supervision, set daily work order priorities, move, stage, pack/unpack, open/seal, and gather materials, crates, boxes, parts, equipment, and other production items as needed to support efficient, timely, and orderly daily production flow
- Move shipping crates, boxes, and materials to final machining and/or assembly areas; Move packaged crates and boxes to shipping and receiving staging area; Handle related documentation in a safe manner
- Keep staging areas clean and clear of debris
- Reposition carts, trolleys, fork-lifts, and other shop transport equipment in their end-of-day storage area
- Monitor and properly dispose of accumulated machining chips; Maintain chip bins and surrounding area clean and orderly
- In coordination with machinists and/or supervision, expedite materials from stores and tools from crib
- May occasionally perform special projects; Perform other duties as assigned
- Basic understanding of computerized MRP/Inventory system
- Understand and adhere to proper material handling practices
- Understand local PCC - Auburn manufacturing process and how to cooperatively work with with production personnel
- Familiar with general packing containers, materials, and practices
- Can work with multiple priorities and seeks supervisor's help when there are conflicts
- Able to be certified with and operate a fork lift and picker
- Maintain staging areas, packaging areas, and loading docks in a clean, orderly manner
- Ability to professionally communicate and work cooperatively with others
- Attention to detail and ability to handle multiple priorities
- Willingness to learn and receive training
- Legible handwriting, literate in English
Experience & Education
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1 year of related experience
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.