NDT Tank Operator
Timet UK is a world leader in the production of titanium for the aerospace industry; it is part of the PCC Metals Group, a rapidly growing Fortune 500 company, operating in the engineering and manufacturing sector, predominantly making materials for the aerospace and power generation industries.
“Our culture is fast-paced, dynamic and direct with and expectation of high performance from every employee. We reward performance and results and challenge every employee to reach their full potential by demanding continuous improvement, while increasing local decision-making authority. We are committed to recruiting, training and promoting employees who rise to these challenges. All our employees share responsibility to maintain the highest legal and ethical standards. Performing with integrity is a way of life and vital to the Company’s success.”
We currently have an opportunity for 2 x NDT Tank Operators to join us in Plants 3 & 4, Witton. You will be working a full continental shift pattern to begin with but after completing training in DIT, will move to a Mini Continental Shift pattern in UST.
The purpose of the role will be to compete visual product inspections and NDT testing of Billet using ultrasound.
• Monitor/oversee critical daily NDT and Inspection operations to ensure compliance to Timet, customer & Nadcap requirements.
• Assist in the commissioning of new, upgraded and future equipment/technology.
• The Ability to train to existing and future UT disciplines- MZI/ Phased Array.
• Resolve NDT and inspection quality issues and problems.
• Perform and/or coordinate calibration of NDT equipment and maintain appropriate records.
• Perform/co-ordinate archive data/system backups.
• Check and store process and inspection records as required by the Quality System.
• Assist in training of NDT and Inspection personnel.
• Assist in customer & Nadcap NDT audits.
Knowledge, skill and ability requirements:
• Proven NDT experience (ideally, ultrasonics immersion technique) and application of NDT in manufacturing/engineering industry.
• Practical knowledge of the aero industry requirements for NDT in a manufacturing / engineering industry.
• Knowledge of CI tools/techniques and knowledge of Nadcap accreditations for critical special processes.
• Strong emphasis on attention to detail.
• Good standard of numeracy and literacy.
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to follow SOP’s and QCP’s.
• Ability to drive a Fork Lift Truck although training will be given.
Specialist Training Required
• NDT General theory method training.
• Plant/product specific NDT training.
• Titanium metallurgy, Product Technology, Customer specific requirements & Quality Auditing.
• Excellent NDT & Inspection hands on, practical skills.
• Able to interpret and apply NDT theory / specifications and develop into practical procedures.
• Good communication skills at all levels, PC & MS Office literate.
• Ability & future ambition to achieve ASNT NDT level III certification
• Must be able to carry out and Cover floor duties when required
Excellent Remuneration and Benefits:
• Highly competitive remuneration package including a generous shift allowance.
• On-going training and development opportunities to help further your career.
• A comprehensive structured induction programme.
• Experience within a well-respected global market leader.
PLEASE NOTE: All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the UK Illegal Working Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 at the interview stage.
Strictly No Agencies.
Timet is an equal opportunities employer. Timet UK complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.