Continuous Improvement Co-op
Continuous Improvement/Manufacturing Co-Op
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over $10 billion publicly traded company (NYSE: PCP) employs more than 30,000 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Located in Woodinville Washington, University Swaging is a leading supplier of structural and kinematic control rod assemblies, flight control mechanisms, and swaged cable assemblies to the global aerospace industry. Founded in 1947, University Swaging was acquired by Precision Castparts in 2011 and became part of the Airframe Segment. PCC is seeking individuals with high personal and professional standards who will thrive in a fast-paced, goal oriented work environment.
- Gain exposure into LEAN manufacturing and support the implementation of projects for Operations
- Works with Operations and Safety to implement programs to create synergies/ continuous improvements initiatives within the plant
- Work on projects to assist with profitability and overall safety metrics
- Partner with leadership to develop solutions and efficiencies within process and procedures
- Gain exposure to a manufacturing environment and learn the life cycle process of products from start to finish
- Minimum of 5 month commitment for Co-Op program eligibility and must be currently pursuing a 4-year degree program in a related field of study.