NDT Penetrant Level I
This classification covers those employees who perform fluorescent penetrant inspection of castings using predetermined inspection methods to assure conformance to customer requirements.
Work under the general supervision performing penetrant inspection functions on castings following established penetrant and mag inspection methods.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Interprets castings processed through the penetrant process and certifies the conformance of the castings to customer’s requirements.
- Inspects castings for visual (White light) compliance to customer requirements and may certify conformance when required.
- Prepares technique cards and assists in setting up work for lower level classification personnel.
- Conducts daily/weekly/monthly calibration and systems checks.
- Moves castings into and out of the inspection area.
- Completes any necessary paperwork and records as required. Maintains various logs and test records and time cards as required.
- Assists in the training of lower classified personnel and monitors their work from the standpoint of quality.
Reports discrepancies of out of tolerance conditions to Inspection Supervisor. Completes necessary PCAR’s giving an evaluation of the probable cause of the discrepancy.
- Follows established housekeeping and safety practiced to maintain the quality of the work environment.
- Performs related work requiring equal or less skill as directed.
- Attends training sessions as required.
SPECIAL SKILLS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to complete specialized training courses in the operation of penetrant and magnetic particle equipment.
- Requires ability to pass visual acuity test. Requires ability to understand basic theory underlying magnetic particle inspection.
- Requires ability to use simple gauging equipment used by Inspector C and ability to read and interpret blueprints and specifications.
- Individual must document that he/she has completed the current departmental job qualification requirements form.
- Reports to the Finishing lead person and the Finishing supervisor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of 4 months experience as a Penetrant Inspector C or equivalent is required.
- Requires ability to read, write and to follow written and verbal instructions normally acquired by completing high school.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.