Algona, WA, US
Job ID: 22172
Req ID: AUB.023.19
Job Type: Full-time
Date Posted: 2019-06-19 18:50:35
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves. The company has a history of superior earnings growth and was the fourth best performing stock in the S&P 500 during the last decade, up 1580%.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over $10 billion company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
PCC Aerostructures is a leading supplier of complex components and assemblies to the global aerospace industry.
PCC Aerostructures now includes more than 20 plants in the U.S, Europe and Asia with over 5000 employees and has ambitious growth plans. Businesses within PCC Aerostructures include PCC Auburn, SPS Aerostructures, Centra, Avibank and AVK, Klune, ProCoat, Southwest United Industries, Progressive Incorporated, Synchronous, and Kalistrut. Plants locations include Washington, Utah, California, Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas, Ohio, Canada, Mexico, the UK and China.
Located in Algona Washington, PCC - Auburn is a leading Tier II Supplier of highly engineered metallic and composite parts, kits, and assemblies to the global aerospace industry. Their key customers are Boeing (737 FED Doors, AOE Doors, and 737 APU Inlets), Airbus, and Latecoere (Hinges and Supper Hinges). PCC Auburn specializes in medium to complex titanium machining and structural mechanical assembly.
Acquired by Precision Castparts in 2011, PCC Auburn has become one of 38 plants within the Aerostructures division. Staffed with 300+ employees, the facility generates annual revenue in excess of $150 million.
Following specific instructions, the Deburr Employee operates hand held tools to deburr manufacturing products, ensuring all productivity, safety and quality guidelines are achieved.
• Follows the instructions and directions given by the director of manufacturing, their immediate manager or lead, or by a senior machinist
• Operates hand held tools to deburr products based on training and experience, meeting productivity standards and goals for assigned production jobs
• Deburrs the product scheduled in the manufacturing department by monitoring the quality of product manufactured
• Ensures that the scheduled cycle time to deburr a scheduled product vs. actual time taken to deburr a product is being completed under set cycle time or meets scheduled cycle times
• Ensures tools are operating in a safe manner, following all safety protocols and guidelines
SUPERVISION AND DECISION-MAKING
This is an individual contributor position with no supervisory responsibility. Decision-making is not a requirement of this position.
The responsibilities of the position are performed in a manufacturing and/or plant floor environment. This position is infrequently exposed to wet, humid conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat, all outdoor weather conditions. Physical hazards such as working near mechanical parts, exposure to fumes, airborn particles, toxic or caustic chemicals would be found in performing the required responsibilities of the position. Safety shoes, hearing protection, respirators, face shields, and additional personal protective equipment as needed, must be worn to eliminate the risks associated with these hazards. Travel is not required for this position.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM RESPONSIBILITIES
Ability to: stand continually, walk regularly, sit, hear/listen carefully, climb and/or balance infrequently, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl occasionally, twist occasionally at the trunk or neck, bend occasionally, reach with hands and arms regularly, taste and/ use sense of smell infrequently, use hands to manipulate, handle and/or feel in the act of performing the required responsibilities of the position. Must be able to: lift and carry up to 50 pounds regularly.
Visual acuity needed for close detail work, clarity with distance, distinction with color, peripheral observation up and down/left and right, depth perception for distance and spatial relationships, sharp focus of objects brought into line of sight. Mental dexterity needed to work independently while demonstrating attention to detail and continuous awareness.
• High school diploma or equivalent level of education
• Experience in a heavy manufacturing environment preferred
• Must have the dexterity to be able to manipulate hand held tools in deburring manufactured aerospace products
• Ability to use hand held deburr tools such as grinders, polishers, and pedestal grinders
• Self-motivated with an ability to work alone or in a team environment
• Ability to work across departments to meet product quality standards efficiently
• Ability to follow instructions given by the director of manufacturing, their immediate manager or lead, or by a senior machinist and carry them out correctly
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.