POSITION TITLE: MECHANIC
EMPLOYEE TYPE: FULL TIME – HOURLY
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under general supervision, must exercise knowledge to perform a variety of job duties relating to the proficient support to Focused Factories including but not limited to:
a) Repairing equipment to specifications on work orders.
b) Building or rebuilding of production equipment.
c) Conducting preventative maintenance on boilers and compressors.
d) Moving machinery (rig and move) as requested.
e) Complying with OSHA regulations
f) Complying with all environmental safe practices and regulations, including possessing thorough knowledge of all Material Safety Data (MSD), oil and chemical labeling and storage requirements.
g) Adhere to all AIC company policies
h) Other duties as assigned
In addition to the above, Mechanics are to maintain an organized, clean and safe work area using safety standards and expectations while adhering to all quality practices. Management may change responsibilities and/or assignments to meet the business needs without prior notice. AIC follows an At-Will Employment practice.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED, and a minimum of 3-5 years of related experience in a manufacturing environment.
1. Language: ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; ability to verbally communicate effectively.
2. Mathematical: ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; ability to apply basic concepts of algebra, geometry and trigonometry.
3. Reasoning Ability: ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions provided in written, oral, or diagram form.
4. Ability to read, interpret and create blue prints.
5. Ability to read and interpret router instructions and specifications.
6. Properly use and operate tools and machining equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Frequency of activity required of the employee to perform the job
Daily Lifting and Carrying requirements of the job:
Height the object is lifted from the floor, table or overhead location and distance the object is carried
Maximum weight to be lifted is 40 lbs. Employees are required to seek assistance as needed.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.