The Quality Manager reports to the General Manager and is responsible for inspection, MRB, quality administration and metrology laboratory operations within the department.
- RESPONSIBILITIES AND RELATIONSHIPS
Within this established area of jurisdiction, the Quality Manager is responsible for thespecific functions listed below:
Maintain oversight of operational goals for the Quality department, manufacturing processes, and metallurgical laboratories to meet company objectives consistent with established safety, quality and productivity standards
Participate in all internal and external customer audits to show that company procedures comply with customer requirements, and to determine and provide appropriate corrective actions to the General Manager when not in agreement
Analyze and evaluate quality and reliability capabilities of potential suppliers, new product development, and perform quality surveys and analyses of in-house quality programs, calibration systems, and manufacturing processes to determine adequacy of systems and compliance with requirements
Interact with customers, military, vendors and regulatory agencies to provide responses for any procedures
- Execute and maintain under the direction of the General Manager the division policy and directives concerning Quality Assurance including those which reconcile differences between various customers, government agencies, vendors and division operating requirements
- Periodically review under direction of General Manager the cost of quality including internal and external failure costs. Balance manufacturing and inspection appraisal costs as well as prevention costs such as those associated with statistical process control, improvements and audits against total cost
- Provide contributions, leadership and training support to quality-oriented programs including Business Management System, Continuous Improvement (CI) and Total Quality Management (TQM) programs to include Root Cause Corrective Actions and mistake-proofing. Evaluate trade and professional association - industry and customer improvements in quality programs for application in-house. Develop and utilize quality activity tracking systems for improvement purposes and make and negotiate recommendations for quality improvements with operating management
- Serve as a member of Operating managers and be responsible to make decisions or handle special functions related to overall company quality operations; participate in daily production meetings with manufacturing team
- SUPERVISION THROUGH SUBORDINATE SUPERVISION
Accomplish function through direction of the following manufacturing departments
- Quality Administration: Supervise daily activities and goal planning for direct subordinates
Quality Engineering: Supervise function including corrective actions, material disposition, internal audits, vendor control, trend analysis and cost of quality
- Metrology Laboratory: Supervise laboratory operations including instrument calibration and analysis, and gage planning, acquisition and control
- Metallurgy Laboratory: Supervise laboratory operations including chemical, physical and non-destructive testing, raw materials residuals and failure analysis. Supervise complete product metallurgical investigation
- Inspection: Supervise inspection and process activity including for materials in process, statistical process control and inspection for first article, in process, final, outside processing, and shipping, and inspection planning
- Technical Data: Supervise development of technical publications and administrative procedures to integrate division operations consistent with customer requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Operations, Quality Assurance, Business or related field required.
3+ years managerial experience in a Quality department is required.
Proficient understanding, auditing, and implementation of ISO9001, AS9100, and Nadcap required.
5+ years managerial experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment preferred.
Aerospace, forging, and/or heat-treat experience strongly preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Accounting software; Inventory software; Design software; Internet software; Order processing systems; Project Management software; Manufacturing software; Database software and Contact Management systems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; forklifts, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and ability to Adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to walk, squat, bend, keel, stoop, and/or reach above shoulders.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and any applicable state law prohibiting discrimination on the basis of a physical or mental disability, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate a disabled individual. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose certain health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the Company.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The Company maintains its status as an at-will employer as described in the Company policy.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law
Please note that we are an ITAR compliant facility, we are required to attest that all new hires are either US Citizen’s or Permanent Resident’s, all new hires are required to provide documentation on their first day of employment.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.