Manufacturing Area Supervisor- 2nd shift- CFW
POSITION TITLE: Manufacturing Area Supervisor- 2nd Shift
This position is responsible for providing supervision to all production employees in the grind department. General responsibilities are to succeed in achieving daily variable cost, productivity goals and production schedules while maintaining a safe work environment.
The supervisor is responsible for maintaining expected production schedules that support the forge department. Expectations are to achieve daily performance and safety goals during any given shift regardless of the obstacles incurred by utilizing proactive management. In addition, the successful candidate is expected to maintain material quality and hold the line with variable costs. Must be able to relate to all personnel both hourly to promote a cooperative interactive relationship with subordinates. Successful candidate must be able to motivate all personnel using a proactive approach to creatively solve equipment and manufacturing problems as well as drive pipeline projects to reduce cost. This is very fast paced environment.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- Effective employee engagement
- Timely performance management
- Sufficient Staffing and Skill Development
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible and accountable for communicating daily goals/priorities given by the manufacturing manager
- Responsible for supervision of shift employees including training, discipline, housekeeping and staffing recommendations.
- Responsible for identifying and providing all training (production and safety) for production employees (hourly) and providing proper support documentation.
- Review variable costs, productivity, earned standard hours and throughput daily and implements effective corrective actions when targets are no achieved.
- Communicate and enforce company work, safety and attendance rules and policies. All actions taken need proper support documentation.
- Prompt accident investigations providing proper root cause analysis and corrective action. Review all jobs prior to shift start-up to ensure proper labor, equipment and material requirements as well as for the preceding shift.
- Ensure proper procedures are followed during all aspects of production for good process control and product quality.
- Determine root cause for all non-conforming material or situations and provide corrective actions.
- Promote 6S/housekeeping improvements and ensure all work areas are clean, maintained and safe at all times.
- Perform weekly 10-counts and housekeeping audits.
- Provide a proactive responsibility to plant safety.
- Pipeline/Cost Reduction efforts.
- Review job time cards and ensure all Oracle transactions are made with accuracy.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or 5-7 years of manufacturing experience as Supervisor
- Minimum of two years related experience in a manufacturing environment; forging and/or machining industry preferred
- Lean manufacturing basics
- Trouble shooting skills with focus on process improvement
- Project Management
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written, to convey ideas and processes
- Strong leadership; ability to define team objectives and hold others accountable for results
- Ability to complete work assignments accurately and quickly, while always focusing on accomplishing the goal
- Self-motivated and able to work independently without close supervision
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Team Oriented
- Proficient use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Oracle experience preferred
- Ability to work 40+ hours per week, including weekends as required
Note: This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee. Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Job Type: Full-time