Safety Coordinator- CFW
The Safety Coordinator is responsible for implementing, supporting and maintaining health and safety compliance at the facility. The goal of this position is to minimize the risks posed by hazards to its employees and to the company by implementing appropriate control systems and programs.
- Ensure compliance with Federal, State OSHA, and other relevant agencies
- Ensure compliance with Corporate Safety rules, documentation and reporting requirements
- Ensure all provisions of the Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP) are implemented. Review and update IIPP where needed.
- Conduct Incident/near Miss Investigation report and follow up to ensure corrective actions are completed
- Coordinate and ensure all mandatory testing and training is complete.
- Update safety training programs concerning plant-specific issues.
- Perform safety and environmental training for employees.
- Work independently and meet project completion time-lines.
- Coordinate, document and follow up with Safety committee meetings and findings
- Support the development of policies, programs and projects to abate workplace hazards.
- Conduct or arrange for periodic safety audits, noise surveys and air monitoring assessments as needed.
- Write reports on survey findings and work with facility to establish corrective actions, responsible parties and timelines for completion.
- Identify hazard priorities and track the plant’s progress in addressing these priorities.
- Establish a sound working relationship with the plant managers, supervisors, and hourly personnel regarding the control of Plant health and safety hazards.
- Maintain an expert level awareness of current CAL-OSHA, OSHA and other applicable regulations.
- Maintain, analyze and submit the plants’ Monthly Safety Statistics Database and report findings.
- Act as liaison with related government agencies.
- Supports and maintains a safety focused culture
3+ years of safety experience with a manufacturing environment, preferably within forging industry
- Knowledge on Cal-OSHA, OSHA, and other applicable regulations
- Great communication, interaction and motivation skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as within groups to meet established time lines.
- Solid understanding of safety, industrial hygiene and engineering principals and the ability to apply to the company’s operations.
- Solid planning, organizational skills, and effective problem solving skills
- Proven track record of driving culture change in safety
- Experience implementing and managing behavior based safety programs
- Expertise in the use of Microsoft Office Products (MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Power Point) required.
- Ability to learn new software programs quickly, (Quest, EasySolv, AutoCAD, etc.).
Note: This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee. Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Job Type: Full-time