Human Resources Intern
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high-quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10-billion-dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to be a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
The HR Intern provides quality HR compliance and administrative support to the HR Team. Interns are responsible for delivering assistance and administrative support to HR Manager and Representatives on various projects.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
Develop and maintain HR Compliance Knowledge
• Begin to develop a current knowledge of HR Laws and Regulations
• Keeps abreast of new developments in the HR field
• Develop a working knowledge of HR information databases and searchable resources
• Keep abreast of document retention requirements
Pursue an Attitude of Learning and Development
• Cultivate interpersonal skills
• Develop negotiating and public speaking skills
• Foster time management skills
• Track progress, deadlines, and priorities of all projects
• Prepare documents, spreadsheets and/or presentations
• Proofread HR documents including audits, marketing information, and handbooks
• Ensure job boards are current with available job ads
• Manage pre-employment processes
• Track cost and effectiveness of media outlets for job postings
• Post new positions and utilize cross-posting features to add
• Sort incoming resumes and call prospective applicants to set up interviews
• Complete and mail out regret letters
• Coordinate candidate interviews, drug testing and background checks
• Complete and print or e-mail offer letters
• Print new hire packets for new employees and put together employee file folders post hire
• Maintain a satisfied level of customer service with clients both internal and external
• Properly handle client requests through responsiveness, follow-up, and escalation
• File documents in employee folders
• Log training activities
• Other duties as assigned
• Work proactively with other team members.
• Prioritize activities for the best interest of the team when working on joint projects.
• Handle client requests and deliver quality solutions if able, or escalate the request to a more senior team member
• Openly share new ideas and information with other team members
• Keep other team members apprised to avoid surprises and disappointed clients