Summary: Completely and independently sets up and operates 6 or more Tapping machines equipped with automatic feeding mechanisms to tap threads for metal parts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Reads blueprint or work order for product specifications such as dimensions, tolerances, number of parts to be machined, and tooling instructions such as cutting speeds, feed rates, depth of cuts, and cutting tools to be used.
• Sets up machines for self and/or others to run jobs involving higher degrees of complexity
• Positions and secures specified taps to called out specifications.
• Installs and adjusts specified tooling to control stock and tool movements.
• Sets cutting speeds and feed rates.
• Checks depth of tap to ensure proper thread cut
• Uses Go-NoGo thread gauge to check quality
• Starts machine, observes operation, and inspects first run and sample workpiece to ensure machining conforms to specifications.
• Replaces worn tools.
Education and/or Experience: Two year certificate from college or technical school; or 1 or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V
Posted: 7/16/19 – 7/18/19