Heading Operator - 1st Shift
2nd Shift Heading Operators Needed
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under general supervision, must exercise knowledge to perform a variety of job duties relating to the proficient set-ups of Heading machines including but not limited to:
a. Review router to determine setup, tooling and specifications of parts
b. Set-Up and Operate National Headers w/ 1 die 2 blow; 2 die 3 blow
c. Ability to troubleshoot and find resolutions
d. Provide information for Inspector evaluation and validation of quality
e. Meet quality, production and re-work targets in assigned work area by inspecting parts during production to ensure they are produced to required dimensions and conform to all specifications
f. Utilization of Statistical Process Control (SPC) as needed
g. Assist and train new operators effectively
h. Adhere to all AIC company policies
i. Other duties as assigned
In addition to the above, Operators are to maintain an organized, clean and safe work area using safety standards and expectations while adhering to all quality practices. Management may change responsibilities and/or assignments to meet the business needs without prior notice. AIC follows an At-Will Employment practice.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
1. Certificate from a technical school; high school diploma or GED and 4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Previous experience operating National Headers; 1 die 2 blow; multiple dies and blows.
1. Language: ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals; ability to verbally communicate effectively.
2. Mathematical: ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; ability to apply basic concepts of algebra, geometry, and trigonometry.
3. Reasoning Ability: ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions provided in written, oral or diagram form.
4. Ability to read and interpret blue prints.
5. Ability to read and interpret router instructions and specifications.
6. Properly use calipers, micrometers and other gauge measuring tools.
Please see Human Resources if you are interested in this position.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.