Dispatcher - LPC-T/285
Job Description *
To coordinate, track and document the movement, status and location of work-in-progress inventory; to transport and track parts from one department to another in order to assure accurate and timely movement of parts through the manufacturing process; to move parts within available process span time; to be responsive to production needs; to maintain quality records, reports, invoices and packing slips in order to assure accurate records and reports are maintained to support quality documentation requirements.
1. Verification, Transport, and Tracking.
Objective: to maintain lot integrity and part identification during movement of parts, and transport parts per routing information; to enter accurate inventory, scheduling, and location information into tracking system to support planning of customer orders.
A. Verifies and matches part lots with paperwork, routing information, serial numbers, quantities, etc. before transporting lots to next department.
B. Checks for and assures the completion of necessary signoffs on work completion and/or routing information before transporting lots to next department.
C. Meets with Leads to reconcile problems regarding paperwork/part inaccuracies, assures communication among production departments related to product movement.
D. Follows routers; moves parts by hand, pallet jack, and with fork lifts.
E. Performs and Coordinates loading and unloading of product to and from Division service centers, e.g. machine shop, HIP, LSBS, SSBO; updates computerized inventory control system to reflect locations; may directly move product as needed.
F. Moves equipment and parts as needed within the teams as needed.
G. Makes computer entries to update the inventory, scheduling and location of parts; processes the addition and/or re-sequencing of processes as submitted by engineering; enters transaction codes on all lot movements.
H. Reconciles inventory system information; assures that part lot numbers are accurately accounted for.
I. Dispatches "rush" jobs as requested; assures tracking of parts.
J. Completes daily cycle counts; checks sample lots for quantity, identification numbers and location; lot moves to keep accurate inventory control.
Objective: to maintain neat, organized work areas.
Typical Activities: Cleans floors, sweeps aisles and keeps aisles free of parts and pallets.
Objective: to take responsibility for and demonstrate safe work practices.
A. Adheres to plant and department safety rules.
B. Safely operates all equipment and tools.
C. Identifies and reports safety problems.
4. Completes logs and records.
5. Performs other tasks as directed.
1. Training is provided on the job.
2. PCC's Fork Lift Driving Safety Certification Training must be completed.
3. Training in Materials Resource Planning computerized inventory control systems.
4. May be required to complete Hazardous Waste Management Training.
1. Previous manufacturing floor experience or dispatching experience affording knowledge of the importance of part location tracking is preferred.
2. Previous data entry and inventory control experience preferred.
3. Basic ability to follow instructions, read, write, and perform arithmetic calculations.
4. Ability to attend to detail, resolve record keeping problems and work independently.
5. Ability to communicate effectively with others.
6. Ability to safely lift and/or maneuver objects weighing thirty to fifty pounds and occasionally up to seventy-five pounds.
7. Ability to work in difficult working conditions which may include exposure to noise, dust, chemicals, temperature extremes and other elements for extended periods of time.
8. Valid Drivers License required.
9. Ability to drive a truck (up to 26,000 LBS GVW).
PCC Structurals is committed to a diverse workforce. As Equal Opportunity Employer, VEVRAA Federal Contractor, affirmative action employer we provide equal opportunity to all persons, regardless of race, religion, age, gender, disability, status as a protected veteran, national origin, color, or any other classification in accordance with federal, state, and local statutes, regulations and ordinances "Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran Status/VEVRAA Federal Contractor". Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as PCC Structurals desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. PCC Structurals complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 503-652-3512 for assistance. PCC Structurals is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor committed to providing priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. PCC Structurals complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA). If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please visit www.eeoc.gov.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.