Plant Lean Utility Operator/Helper - SSBO/696
To get plant cleanliness and organization to a world class condition by assisting in the implementation of LEAN principles; including 5S and continuous improvement. Participate in all aspects of designing and assembling fixtures, tables, carts and shop aides.
1. Construct shop aids (i.e. cutting wedges, boxes, trays, etc.) in support of 5S initiatives.
2. Apply label’s, paint, and tape to flooring, shop aides, and other equipment to assist in the organization of department during 5S activities.
3. Actively interface with department personnel regarding continuous improvement efforts including cost saving and safety improvements.
4. Construct and maintain X-ray backups.
5. Cut lightweight pipe and wood pieces and assemble with brackets, fittings and castors and then deliver finished component to department as needed.
6. Assist in the design of various fixtures, shop aides and tables as requested.
7. Develop and maintain parts list of material used for each department supported.
8. Installation and maintenance of floor coatings.
9. Managing incoming stores, and maintaining stores to control costs.
10. Basic welding, cutting, and grinding tasks as assigned.
11. Must comply with all applicable safety requirements, policies and procedures while maintaining a clean, safe, and orderly work environment. Must participate in required training, medical monitoring, safety and health evaluations and programs.
12. Regular and predictable attendance.
13. Required overtime.
14. Performs other tasks as directed.
1. Must have the demonstrated ability to lead a cleaning crew by scheduling tasks to meet deadlines.
2. A minimum of six months experience using a variety of hand and power tools including but not limited to routers and table saws.
3. Demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
4. Demonstrated ability to follow oral and written instructions, i.e on work orders on MP2 work order system.
5. Ability to communicate effectively and coordinate activities with others.
6. Ability to perform basic shop math.
7. Must posess organizational skills in order to organize information and materials, and attend to details.
8. A valid driver’s license for positions that drive PCC vehicles.
9. Ability to work independently.
10. Ability to lift and/or maneuver objects weighing thirty to fifty pounds without assistance and occasionally up to seventy-five pounds in team lifts or with mechanical aid.
11. Ability to work in working conditions which may include exposure to noise, dust, chemicals, temperature extremes, and other elements for extended periods of time.
12. Ability to complete PCC's Fork Lift Driving Safety Training.
PCC Structurals is committed to a diverse workforce. As Equal Opportunity Employer, VEVRAA Federal Contractor, affirmative action employer we provide equal opportunity to all persons, regardless of race, religion, age, gender, disability, status as a protected veteran, national origin, color, or any other classification in accordance with federal, state, and local statutes, regulations and ordinances "Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran Status/VEVRAA Federal Contractor". Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as PCC Structurals desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. PCC Structurals complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 503-652-3512 for assistance. PCC Structurals is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor committed to providing priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. PCC Structurals complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA). If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please visit www.eeoc.gov