Operations - Management
Arlington, TX, US
Job ID: 22771
Req ID: 174623.8
Job Type: Full-time
Date Posted: 2019-08-08 00:54:51
The Master Scheduler is responsible for translating demand and overseeing/developing final production schedules for multiple manufacturing lines and execution of the production schedule in support of the predetermined customer needs.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Plan and control all scheduling activities
• Schedule equipment, work cells, and jobs in MRP based on customer demand and capacity
• Balance Supply and Demand to support targeted customer service levels, inventory turn goals, and capacity utilization/staffing requirements
• Develops feasible master production schedules (minimum 6 mo. horizon) for finished goods and component items based on capacity requirements.
• Daily schedule development and optimization by SKU & communicates schedule to manufacturing
• Works with Operations partners to ensure timely completion of all production schedules and proactively communicate when delays are projected
• Ability to coordinate and prioritize daily workload based on customer demands
• Identifies trends and utilizes information to compare against marketing and plant data
• Publishes key delivery and inventory performance metrics
• Calculates and execute optimum run sizes
• Identifies capacity constraints and how they impact achievement of output plans
• Other duties may be assigned as directed by the Director of Operations Manager
• Maintains MRP capacity tables to drive accurate promise dates on customer orders
• May perform other duties as assinged
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Five plus years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Production control experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Computer skills – Advanced MS Excel skills and Word proficiency. MRP system experience.
• Proficient in Enterprise Resource Planning systems; knowledge in Baan or Syteline a plus.
• Language Skills – Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently, and work within deadlines.