Gage Technical Lead
PCC Airfoils, LLC, headquartered in Greater Cleveland, Ohio, is a world leader in the fast-paced, high-tech industry of investment casting. Each of the thirteen (13) Airfoils’ locations play an integral part in the manufacture of blades, vanes and components for use in gas turbine engines. PCC’s parts are found on virtually all commercial & military aircraft, as well as, industrial gas turbine applications in the free world. Our product plays a significant role in NASA’s space program and aid in the evolution of the light-weight, fuel-efficient engines of the next generation.
The Airfoils Division is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Precision Castparts Corp. The company currently has an overall sales volume of over $8 Billion, employing in excess of 25,000 individuals throughout 125 locations in the U.S. and worldwide. PCC is seeking individuals with high personal and professional standards who will thrive in a fast-paced, goal oriented work environment.
Provide guidance and support to operators and technicians working in calibration, inspection, tooling / gage repair, or other technical roles. This is a “hands on” working position with the following key responsibilities:
Provide training on fundamentals for operators or technicians in assigned area.
Provide cross-training to operators or technicians to ensure all critical needs can be maintained with consistent coverage.
Identify opportunities for methods and procedural improvement, and train personnel on new procedures.
Ensure daily work performed is compliant with internal procedures and policies.
Interface with manufacturing, quality, and engineering as required to ensure milestone plans or commit dates are met.
Assist with administrative duties such as schedule updates, time card review, and training documentation.
Responsible for coordinating daily work schedule for both equipment and personnel in assigned area.
Identify critical equipment needs, and ensure adequate spares are on hand.
Assist and support the 6S program.
Must be trained, certified and/or qualified to perform the job duties of assigned area.
High school graduate. Some post-secondary education a plus.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communications skills.
- Proven track record working in a team environment.
- Significant experience in technical role(s) of assigned area.
- Ability to interpret blueprints, specifications, and/or other technical publications.
- Capable to work in a dynamic environment, where priorities and workflow may change frequently throughout the day.
INITIATIVE AND INGENUITY:
Moderate initiative and ingenuity required.
Moderate physical effort required.
Responsible for the productivity and quality of assigned technical team. These teams will typically not exceed 10 operators and/or technicians. Must be willing to work daily overtime and weekend overtime as necessary.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS:
- Assignment of daily workflow for personnel and equipment.
- Equipment and tooling up time.
- Calibrations and maintenance schedule adherence.
- Production / manufacturing support.
- Critical deadlines, commit dates and milestone plans are met.
- Ensuring personnel are compliant with Environmental, Health & Safety, and quality procedural requirements.
- Effective communication of goals/objectives to personnel.
- Maintain a clean, safe & organized work area.
Good working conditions.
THE ABOVE COVERS THE MOST SIGNIFICANT DUTIES, BUT DOES NOT EXCLUDE OTHER ASSIGNMENTS REQUIRING EQUIVALENT OR LESSER SKILLS.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.