Tool & Die Operator
POSITION TITLE: TOOL AND DIE OPERATOR
EMPLOYEE TYPE: FULL TIME - HOURLY
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under general supervision, must exercise knowledge to perform a variety of job duties relating to the proficient set-ups of Tool and Die machines including but not limited to:
a. Review router and prints to determine setup, tooling and specification of parts
b. Ability to troubleshoot and find resolutions
c. Ability to read and use measuring tools including but not limited to calipers, micrometers, dial indicators, bore gages, optical comparator.
d. Provide information for Inspector evaluation and validation of quality
e. Identify die codes and components
f. Adhere to all AIC company policies
g. Other duties as assigned
In addition to the above, Operators are to maintain an organized, clean and safe work area using safety standards and expectations while adhering to all quality practices. Management may change responsibilities and/or assignments to meet the business needs without prior notice. AIC follows an At-Will Employment practice.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or GED, and certificate from a technical school or equivalent combination of education and experience.
1. Language: ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals; ability to verbally communicate effectively.
2. Mathematical: ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using while numbers, common fractions and decimals; ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry.
3. Reasoning Ability: ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions provided in written, oral or diagram form.
4. Ability to read and interpret blue prints
5. Ability to read and interpret router instructions and specifications
6. Properly use calipers, micrometers and other gauge measuring tools.
7. Ability to perform work safety while wearing all required PPE
Frequency of activity required of the employee to perform the job
Daily Lifting and Carrying requirements of the job:
Height the object is lifted from the floor, table or overhead location and distance the object is carried
Maximum weight to be lifted is 40 lbs. Employees are required to seek assistance as needed
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.