Wyman-Gordon, located in Grafton MA, is a major industrial manufacturer serving a wide range of industries including aerospace, power generation, and industrial businesses. Wyman-Gordon Grafton is a 1 million sq. ft. manufacturing facility with a 50,000 ton press, 35,000 ton press and 18,000 ton press for large titanium, steel and inconel closed die forgings. This growing, $300+ million profit center is part of a highly successful, multi-billion $ (NYSE) diversified manufacturer. Precision Castparts Corporation (PCP).
Install, repair and maintain all types of electrical machinery, equipment and facilities throughout the entire plant.
- Receive job assignments form foreman of leader.
- Inspect, repair and maintain electrical part of all machinery and equipment in plant.
- Do all necessary electrical work for installation of any kind of machinery or equipment, including such items as substations and data process equipment.
- Perform any required electrical work in installation of new buildings and facilities or rebuilding, changing and maintaining of existing facilities.
- Make preventive maintenance inspections on equipment as required, doing minor repairs on spot, and listing any work that should be done to prevent breakdowns or improper operation.
- Rebuild electrical and electronic equipment such as solenoid coils, switches, contactors, relays, radios and all types and sizes of motors.
- Use variety of testing equipment to check for load, voltage, grounds, leakage, etc.
- Design and make parts for specific jobs.
- Repair and maintain small tools and equipment.
- Includes all forging, trimming, and straightening presses, saws, die sinking machines, numerical control machines, magnaflux units, welders, cranes, furnaces, laboratory and research equipment, door operators, elevators, substations, generators, etc.
- Study electrical drawings, manuals and parts lists, analyze defective operation and make necessary repairs including repair or replacement of necessary parts.
- Rewire or make necessary alterations to existing electrical circuits to fit specific needs for machine or equipment operation.
- Required to have Electrician’s Journeyman’s license.