Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high-quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10-billion-dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to be a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Wyman-Gordon: Wyman-Gordon is a worldwide supplier to the aerospace and industrial gas turbine markets. We hold quality accreditations for all the major airframe and engine manufacturers for both civil and military applications. Wyman-Gordon creates rotating closed-die forgings which are critical for aerospace and land-based gas turbines. Wyman-Gordon also manufactures structural forgings for airframe, nuclear, petrochemical, power generation, and space applications.
Located in Ontario, CA, Summit Machine specializes in the rough and finish machining of super alloys for the aerospace, commercial, defense, power, and petroleum industries. Complex components include nickel base, titanium, stainless steel, aluminum and carbon steels with parts ranging in size from 2” OD – 100” OD.
The Process Engineer will provide program support in order to facilitate manufacturing process improvement efforts and plans. This position will be responsible for implementing cost reductions, introduce and implement Statistical Process Control techniques as well as associated measurement and control systems, assist and develop Training program initiatives, and provide administrative and program support to Reengineering activities at the site.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Analyze existing machining and manufacturing process to identify opportunities for improvement.
• Confer with Engineering Department staff to develop and standardize best practices, which will include process parameters, tooling, fixturing, and equipment configurations
• Coordinate with Operations Team and execute sampling plans and controlled experiments
• Analyze work force utilization, facility layout, and operational data such as production costs, process flow charts, and production schedules, to determine efficient utilization of workers and equipment
• Recommends methods for improving worker efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities such as restructuring job duties, reorganizing work flow, relocating work stations and equipment, and purchase of equipment
• Confers with management and engineering staff to implement plans and recommendations
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
• MS OFFICE, SolidWorks, Coding (VBA, SQL, Python) is a plus, NX CAM or MasterCAM is a plus, Oracle is a plus
• Ability to prioritize and plans work activities, use time efficiently; plan for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; develop realistic action plans and communicate in writing or orally to others at all levels of the organization
• Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment; manage competing demands; change approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
Experience & Education
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field is required
• Experience in manufacturing is required; experience in forging or machine shop preferred