Raw Material Planner & Production Control Coordinator - Deer Creek/288
This position is located at our Deer Creek facility.
Job Description *
Primary responsibility is to have ceramic cores and alloy available to meet schedule requirements. This requires the development, management and execution of a manufacturing plan that meets the facility financial plan and customer delivery requirements. Control of material inventory to meet operating working capital is required.
• Develop a ceramic core and alloy purchasing plan to meet casting demand using VIS.NET back schedule, inventory information, and producer capability. Maintain adequate supply and inventory to meet casting through-put requirements and on-time measures.
• Support Purchasing with detailed purchasing forecast, quality planning, technical information and administrative support.
• Communicate with ceramic core and alloy producers on demand forecast. Daily tracking of ceramic core and alloy deliveries, inventory in transit, and on-hand inventory. Quick problem identification, notification and problem solving of supply issues.
• Receive material and monitor release activity.
• Establish wax launch plan based on the facility financial plan, customer delivery requirements and inventory on-hand. Measure and report performance to the launch plan.
• Work with Plant Metallurgist, Process Control Manager, Engineering Manager, Purchasing Manager, Quality Manager, Sales & Production Control Manager, ceramic core and alloy producers and customers to facilitate resolution of any quality issues.
• Ability to develop and utilize a demand and consumption forecast modeling tool.
• Attention to detail and the ability to assimilate large quantity of information into usable forms without errors.
• Advanced Excel skills. Able to independently use and develop complicated spread sheets.
• Develop knowledge of ceramic core production and inspection processes.
• Develop knowledge of alloy types, metal processing and ingot production processes.
• Understanding of Production Control and Shop Floor Planning tools and terminology. Including: Bill of Material, Part Router, Span Time, Queue Time, Run Time, Capacity Forecast, Demand Scheduling and Work-in-Process Inventory Control.
• Associates’ or Bachelors’ degree in business, engineering or related curriculum. Others will be considered based on experience and skill.
• Three years relevant experience such as planning, accounting, manufacturing, procurement of materials, cost-take-out.
• Ability to think and plan strategically in a system that has multiple variables.
• Ability to make decisions with very little direction.
• Ability to supervise and train people.
PCC Structurals is committed to a diverse workforce. As Equal Opportunity Employer, VEVRAA Federal Contractor, affirmative action employer we provide equal opportunity to all persons, regardless of race, religion, age, gender, disability, status as a protected veteran, national origin, color, or any other classification in accordance with federal, state, and local statutes, regulations and ordinances "Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran Status/VEVRAA Federal Contractor". Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as PCC Structurals desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. PCC Structurals complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 503-652-3512 for assistance. PCC Structurals is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor committed to providing priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. PCC Structurals complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA). If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please visit www.eeoc.gov