Rework Specialist - LPC-S/076 (Grave)
Job Description *
As well as performing production welding, this operator leads problem or special projects in an effort to rework or fabricate product to customer specification. This operator accomplishes hands-on training of our Rework Welders and others as required. Also, this operator executes welding, data collection, etc. in support of welding engineering projects.
1. Welding Engineering Project Support:
A. Assist in planning of special or problem part rework.
B. Assist other operators and Welders on special or problem part rework.
C. Participate in writing/revision of technique cards, QCM’s, PCP’s, etc.
D. Execute welding engineering directed experiments/tests.
2. Train Rework Welders
A. Progress new or transfer welders through the Welder Development and Progression Program.
B. Assist all Rework Welders with skill application training or assistance.
C. Provide hands-on demonstration or training for new welding processes, welding of new alloys, or of new welding techniques.
D. Submit performance feedback on Rework Welders.
3. Production Welding Support
A. Perform all duties of Rework Welder.
B. Alert welding engineers and/or department supervisors of product needing special attention.
4. Other duties as directed.
1. Must hold all generally required certifications pertaining to their facility.
2. Must currently hold position of a Step 6 Rework Welder.
3. Must have a minimum of 5 years as a Step 6 Rework Welder. Preferred 8+ years as a Step 6 Welder. Transfers must have a minimum of 3 years which are alloy specific.
4. A record of 80 percent or better “first try” certification test success.
5. Demonstrated ability to follow detailed instructions, make progress observations, and accurately record technical data required.
6. Demonstrated ability to write clear work instructions, process records, and training records.
7. Experience effectively teaching individuals and/or small groups desired.
8. Willing to lead the work of other individuals or small groups.
9. Must be willing, as required by production needs, to change department assignments, work with others in more than one department, and to adjust shift schedules.
10. Demonstrated ability to meet the as-welded Visual Inspection Standard.
11. TATS certification required.
PCC Structurals is committed to a diverse workforce. As Equal Opportunity Employer, VEVRAA Federal Contractor, affirmative action employer we provide equal opportunity to all persons, regardless of race, religion, age, gender, disability, status as a protected veteran, national origin, color, or any other classification in accordance with federal, state, and local statutes, regulations and ordinances "Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran Status/VEVRAA Federal Contractor". Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as PCC Structurals desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. PCC Structurals complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 503-652-3512 for assistance. PCC Structurals is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor committed to providing priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. PCC Structurals complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA). If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please visit www.eeoc.gov
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.