Manufacturing Supervisor - 3rd Shift
PCC Airfoils, LLC, headquartered in Greater Cleveland, Ohio, is a world leader in the fast-paced, high-tech industry of investment casting. Each of the sixteen (16) Airfoils’ locations plays an integral part in the manufacture of blades, vanes and components for use in gas turbine engines. PCC’s parts are found on virtually all commercial & military aircraft, as well as, industrial gas turbine applications in the free world. Our product plays a significant role in NASA’s space program and aid in the evolution of the light-weight, fuel-efficient engines of the next generation.
The Airfoils Division is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Precision Castparts Corp and was acquired by Berkshire Hathaway in 2016. The company currently has an overall sales volume of over $10 Billion, employing in excess of 30,000 individuals throughout 150 locations in the U.S. and worldwide. PCC is seeking individuals with high personal and professional standards who will thrive in a fast-paced, goal oriented work environment.
PCC Airfoils, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf.
EEO - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled
- Understanding of manufacturing / operations; production flow
- Review and understand department metrics and measurements
- Drive performance and throughput for department
- Coordinate with other department supervisors/managers
- Responsible for supervision of assigned department for assigned shift
- Coordinates with Engineering department to reduce scrap
- Perform quality checks, appraisal and merit reviews. Participate in scheduling work flow in the departments
- Administer company policies and manufacturing procedures
- Train new employees on procedures
- Maintain employee performance, attendance records, and department budgets
- Conduct regular communication meetings with employees
- Coordinated efforts to improve labor utilization by improving quality and labor utilization and implement team concepts
- Maintain housekeeping, a safe working environment, and assure compliance with safety rules
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that gets along with customers, clients, co-workers, and supervisors
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering required
Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing concepts and Cellular manufacturing a plus.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office