Senior Quality Engineer
The Senior Quality Engineer will plan and conduct quality research and/or development of products, processes, plans and procedures. In addition, the Quality Engineer will design methods to improve efficiency in production, reduce process variability and assure compliance with approved methods and quality standards. The Senior Quality Engineer will exercise discretion and independent judgment in the evaluation of possible courses of action and make decisions after the various possibilities have been considered.
- Maintain the total Quality Control System that conforms to customer and company requirements.
- Maintain third party accreditations (NADCAP, AS9100).
- Actively engage inspection/quality department to minimize escapes and customer returns
- Develop cost effective quality systems/plans that meet program requirements of all products. Develop work instructions from customer-supplied specifications.
- Approve part router in accordance with PCC procedures and customer specifications.
- Review customer quality complaints to determine appropriate corrective actions and implement sustainable corrective actions. Work proactively with manufacturing and engineering to determine root cause corrective action on all internal non-conformances.
- Review drawings and related specification on new programs. Inform Engineering of quality requirements to insure conformance of initial samples and subsequent production. Direct the preparation of the Inspection Method Sheet and other customer required documentation to insure timely customer approval of initial submission.
- Manage individual customer self-release programs including procedure preparation and maintenance, purchase order/control review, inspection of parts (audit/sampling) for conformance to requirements.
- Must know and follow all company and departmental safety rules.
- B.S. degree in engineering, materials, metallurgy or related discipline
- 6 – 8 years of related quality experience
- Broad general knowledge of material science engineering manufacturing processes and investment casting technology
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in engineering principles and disciplines; manufacturing processes, technical report and article preparation, specification preparation, and project management
- Ability to read and interpret complicated drawings and specifications
- Knowledge and use of advanced shop mathematics, QC statistics and formulas
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Well versed in ISO/AS9100 quality requirements – NADCAP a plus
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; specifically Excel