Maintenance Materials Purchasing Clerk
Maintenance Materials Purchasing Clerk
The Maintenance Materials Purchasing Clerk (hereafter referred to as “MMPC”) reports to the Maintenance Supervisor. The MMPC is an hourly split role, primarily responsible for ordering, inventorying, and pickup (where applicable) of materials/parts in support of mechanical/electrical equipment and related facilities (70%), as well as organizing the parts room(30%). The MMPC must possess knowledge of machine parts. They shall be able to operate under flexible parameters.
We seek a highly motivated, flexible and dependable industrial MMPC for our 1st shift (5:30AM-2:00PM) who has at least 3 to 5 years of related experience in an industrial manufacturing environment. Familiarity with purchasing systems, inventory control, and maintenance related parts/spares. Ability to work under minimal supervision.
• Strictly adheres to all environmental, health, and safety (EH&S) standards as defined by the company and local, state, and federal regulators. Takes responsibility for and demonstrate safe work practices. Wears required PPE.
• May be required to prepare paperwork on hazardous waste (shipments), assist in the handling of waste, and pass hazardous materials training.
• Provides procurement assistance on the selection of new/replacement equipment.
• Exercises a high degree of care in the handling of castparts to avoid damage.
• Usually works with minimum supervision, conferring with superior on unusual matters. Assignments are broad in nature, usually requiring originality and ingenuity. Must have a can-do personality to support work flow thru the maintenance department as they troubleshoot, repair & maintain machinery & equipment.
• Required to be able to read complicated drawings, simple sketches, or parts catalogs.
• English skills must be proficient to understand, read, write and speak English
• Safely and effectively handle lifting of various objects weighing up to 35 lbs.; Asks for help with objects that weigh more; Uses proper safe lifting procedures.
• Executes all work in safe and professional manner by completing all work accurately and on time.
• Responsible for accurate and timely paperwork related to essential duties and responsibilities.
• Maintains a safe, clean and organize shop area. Maintain inventory of spare parts and material. Maintain tools and equipment for maintenance work. Maintain, organize, control, inventory supplies, tools, and equipment.
• Procurement and stocking of materials for repair of machinery and mechanical equipment, in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer's specifications, machinery and mechanical equipment, such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines and equipment, hand tools, and precision measuring and testing instruments such as motors, pumps, belts, fans, air conditioners.
• Establishment of Preventative Maintenance work orders as per supplier’s recommendations/best practice.
• Requisitions new/replacement parts and equipment in a timely manner. May be required to handle hazardous materials/waste.
• Manage Suppliers: Building, developing and maintaining the necessary vendor and supplier relationships in order to meet all business goals and objectives.
• Utilization of Vis for procurement of materials and vendor management.
• Utilization of eMaint for inventory of stock materials/spares. Establish database and maintain accuracy.
• Competent in MS Excel.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Inventory Control
• Requires the ability to read, write, and accurately follow verbal and written instructions.
• High school diploma.
• A working knowledge and understanding of electrical and mechanical theory, safety and shop practices as well as federal, state, municipal and underwriters’ specifications, codes, and ordinances.
• Must be able to lift 35 lbs.
• Must possess/maintain a valid CA Driver’s License (drives company vehicle, forklift on occasion)
• Minimum of 2-5 years working in an industrial manufacturing environment.
• Experience locating vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interviewing them in order to determine product availability and terms of sales.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations in this manufacturing environment may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is generally performed in an industrial manufacturing production environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
• Sit for long periods of time; use computers to enter data and interpret data; compose written documents and correspondence that is of college level composition, format, spelling and grammar; perform repetitive wrist, hand and/or finger movement; fine finger and manual dexterity; feel the attributes of objects, grasp, push, and reach with arms or hands; ascend/descend stairs
• Regularly required to: talk and interact in a civil and professional manner with colleagues, direct reports, vendors and customers; to occasionally conduct group presentations and tours;
• Frequent walking on uneven surfaces inside/outside;
• Math proficiency with and without calculators; intermediate to advanced computer skills such as Excel worksheets, pivot tables, and V-look-ups;
• Able to frequently lift/move objects 10 lbs. or more; occasionally lift or move objects of 25-35 lbs.
• Some work required near moving mechanical parts, loud noise, extreme heat, exposure to weather and allergens and detritus from general manufacturing and construction.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.