Plan, develop, organize, and supervise the management of plant wide quality assurance efforts to ensure compliance of customer specifications and PCC product quality requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for handling quality project assignments and improving existing manufacturing process techniques.
• Main point of contact with customers, regulatory and government agencies on all quality related issues and audits.
• Responsible for maintaining and the continuous improvement of Quality Manual and approving internal work instructions and procedures. Responsible for auditing and approval of subcontractors.
• Will review job status, customer specifications and recommended solutions to problems. Must keep various departments informed of engineering and customer alterations or issues. Make recommendations as to possible improvement in procedures and/or methods to increase effectiveness and reduce costs. Assists in various aspects of research and development and lend technical assistance to various departments.
• Work in conjunction with customers, Production Control, Engineering and other areas on topics related to alloy, casting design and/or tooling.
• Manage staff responsible for quality planning, release of product and raw material, and final certification of product.
• Manage the Level III NDT Examiner responsible for personnel qualification, special process certifications, procedure generation and audits.
• Function as the Management Representative as required by AS9100 and checked by NADCAP.
• Frequent review of technical literature to stay abreast of industry and other changes and/or advancements as expected.
• Direct, instruct, advise, mentor, assist and check employee’s schedules, methods, standards of performance, rules/regulations, safety precautions and other matters affecting work.
• Maintain discipline, morale and professionalism when dealing with staff, customers, department supervisors and all employees. Handle complaints and grievances within the limits of established company policy.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
• B.S. degree; preferably in science or engineering field.
• Must have demonstrated ability to manage technical resources, with strong organizational, analytical, statistical and problem-solving abilities.
• Must have demonstrated ability to interact with customers, engineering, manufacturing operations and leadership on technical issues.
• Minimum of 7 year’s experience in progressively responsible roles in technical or operations positions. Must have casting and aerospace industry experience.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.