Shot Peen Operator
PCC Aerostructures is a leading supplier of complex components and assemblies to the global aerospace industry.
PCC Aerostructures now includes more than 20 plants in the U.S, Europe and Asia with over 5000 employees and has ambitious growth plans. Businesses within PCC Aerostructures include Primus International, SPS Aerostructures, Centra, Avibank and AVK, Klune, ProCoat, Southwest United Industries, Progressive Incorporated, Synchronous, and Kalistrut. Plants locations include Washington, Utah, California, Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas, Ohio, Canada, Mexico, the UK and China.
Established in 1988, Alloy Processing Inc. started with eight employees in a 2,800 square foot facility located in Compton, California with a tank capacity of 3' x 2.5' x 3'. Since then, Alloy has grown to over 150 employees in a 37,000 square foot facility in Compton, California with a tank capacity of 40' x 4' x 6'. Alloy Processing became part of the PCC family in 2013 and looks to expand at a rapid pace in the coming years with significant new investments and capabilities on the horizon.
The Shot Peening Operator will set up and operate shot-peening equipment to improve stress tolerance of aerospace metal surfaces according to specifications.
The Shot Peen Operator will report to the Operations Manager.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Read and interpret blueprint, sketches, work orders, and other documentation to determine layout of specific area to be shot-peened.
- Adhere to sequence of operations and finish specifications
- Mount part(s) on holding track, rotary table or shot-peening cabinet
- Set up, operate and adjust shot-peening equipment to achieve specified contour
- Measures and checks part to verify conformance to specifications
- Record data on equipment settings such as feed rate, nozzle angles and oscillation, air or vacuum pressure settings
- Peel masking material from completed part and remove adhering scale and particles
- Adhere to daily/weekly/quarterly production goals
- Blue Print Reading
- Knowledge of GD&T
- Use of Travelers
- Knowledge of AS9100/NADCAP
- Strong ability to work well with others in a team atmosphere.
- Must be a self starter
- 3-5 years experience of Shot Peen equipment is a must.
- Aerospace Industry Experience