Continuous Improvement Manager
Responsible for Lean, 6S and cost improvement pipelines throughout the facility. Will work with local management to define the project opportunity, goals, scope of effort and deliverables, as well as develops and manages key project timelines to ensure timely completion and measurable results to improve business performance, quality and compliance. Will focus on using the Lean, 6S, Six Sigma and related toolboxes to improve processes. Will lead CI projects, develop and communicate project updates and troubleshoot and course correct projects that are at risk to ensure commitments and project deliverables are maintained.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Leads company improvement initiatives and identify new opportunities for improvement.
• Provides leadership in productivity and process improvement strategies and manage the implementation of key initiatives such as Lean-Six Sigma, Kaizen, SPS and 6S.
• Lead, coach and mentor production employees in continuous improvement projects.
• Work with managers and technical staff to improve and create the tactical plan to achieve improvement strategies.
• Utilize Lean-Six Sigma, Kaizens, SPS, 6S and other tools as needed to teach others on how to improve productivity, lower costs, reduce scrap and drive improvement in plant.
• Manage capital projects and implementation teams.
• Assess and diagnosis of improvement problems with process, quality and people.
• Design and prioritize the development plan and metrics of closing the gap of current and target conditions.
• Teach and coach during execution of plan to help create a self-sufficient and continuous improvement culture.
• Work with plant leaders and employees to improve standard work instructions and control plans for respective projects and events to ensure long-term sustainable improvements.
• Interface with other PCC facilities to provide all aspects of improved customer products.
• Interface with customer representatives on process improvements and other relevant initiatives and issues.
• Monitor and audit continuous improvement programs and initiatives.
• BS degree in a relevant Technical Discipline (or equivalent related experience).
• 7+ years in a continuous improvement role in a manufacturing environment.
• Solid experience of improvement using Lean-Six Sigma, SPS, Kaizen, 6S.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and good computer analytical skills.
• Successful candidate will be strongly self motivated, able to demonstrate oral and written communications skills, and possess desire to participate in company sponsored initiatives, maintaining the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct.
• Ability to work within and lead a team of employees at all levels of the operation.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.