The Sales Director is responsible for directing the functions and activities of our sales organization to including: all inside sales, LTA and discrete PO negotiations, Quoting, and Customer Centric Service, and delivering bookings to support business Sales and Ebit targets. The Sales Director will develop sales and services strategies to achieve objectives for daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual metrics. Duties involve directing the sales organization daily to ensure execution of the company business plan while simultaneously implementing Continuous Improvement initiatives that will deliver long term benefits for our customers and business.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• To develop, lead and manage the sales activities of the Company.
• To seek new sales opportunities with existing and new customers.
• To develop and implement a business development strategy for sales growth in the short, medium and long term.
• To translate regional market dynamics into account strategies and sales activities.
• To develop and implement strategic marketing plans, sales plans and forecasts to achieve objectives for products and solutions. Co-Lead with operations Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning process
• To develop and manage sales operating budgets.
• To develop and maintain relationships with sales teams within Division to maximize sales and ensure market/customer alignment
• To submit sales forecasting activities and drive toward performance goals accordingly.
• To review and analyze sales performances against programs, quotes and plans to determine effectiveness.
• To develop and recommend product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce sales growth and highest possible gross margin.
• To achieve satisfactory profit/loss ratio and market share in relation to internal pre-set standards and industry and economic trends.
• To monitor competitors’ products, sales and marketing activities.
• To establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers, customers and key strategic partners.
• Through an effective Customer Relationship Management plan, meets with key clients, maintains relationships and negotiates /closes deals with use of long-term agreements as appropriate.
• Provides market intelligence for product research and development.
• To be accountable for all regular management reporting needs, personally or otherwise, and ensure that the required data is completely accurate and provided in a timely manner.
• To follow company procedures in relation to sales process.
• Team working - Actively encourage teamwork, sees things from a different view and discourages blame. Acknowledges others contributions and gives recognition.
• Business Awareness - Considers the commercial impact of daily actions and makes cost effective decisions. Considers the wider implications of those decisions on related departments. Supports and endorses all company policies.
• Leadership - Capable of building an effective team. Leads by example, a self-starter with outstanding leadership skills. Involves all team members, gives advice, help and coaching when required; provides stability and direction to others. Able to adapt leadership style to suit different peoples and circumstances. Uses delegation as a tool for team members to achieve their objectives. Takes ownership of team and personal goals. Determined to achieve and exceed targets. Able to be assertive as required to achieve results.
• Developing Others - Identifies potential within the teams, aims to ensure an appropriate stretch in people’s responsibilities. Arranges appropriate and helpful assignments to foster others learning and development. Puts thought and effort into how to develop others over and above routine training programs.
• Customer Focus - Strives to exceed customer expectations. Establishes partnerships with customers. Follows through on Customer issues and seeks feedback on service level.
• Quality Orientation - Champions quality. Continually seeks to improve quality standards. Provides the information, resources and authority to enable the teams to achieve high quality standards. Actively supports real time SPC concept and use.
• Change Management - Champions change. Grasps the opportunities that drive future business success. Creates an environment of continuous improvement.
• Communication - Adapts communication style to suit different audiences. Values communication and puts time and effort into effective communication processes.
• Planning and Organising - Sets objectives at individual and team level. Balances the achievement of long and short-term goals. Manages own time effectively. Sets timescales and milestones and organises to meet them. Co-ordinates inputs from a wide range of sources to achieve goals.
• Analytical Thinking - Applies a logical thought process to resolve problems. Analyses relationships among several parts of a problem or situation; breaks down a complex task into manageable parts in a systematic way.
• Relationship Building - Uses coaching and counselling skills to motivate others. Builds relationships within own team and across departments. Is supportive and seen to be fair and just. Identifies conflict within a team and through advice and support is willing to resolve issues.
• Judgement - Applies sound judgement to make decisions in complex situations. Able to manage priorities effectively. Considers the longer-term implications of different options. Analyses risks. Weighs different aspects of the problem according to overall priorities in order to reach decisions.
• Execution - Proven ability to lead organization in a fast-paced short cycle manufacturing environment.
• Held a similar position in an aerospace or automotive related industry and have a good working knowledge of the major Aerospace OEMs
• Proven track record in winning new business and managing customer relationships
• Goal orientated, highly motivated and organized with a positive attitude and an ability to influence change
• Excellent statistical and analytical skills
• Excellent interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills
• Ideally degree qualified in Sales, Marketing, Business or
Experience & Education
• Bachelor’s degree in business or an engineering discipline. MS or MBA degree is highly desirable
• More than 7 years of progressive sales leadership experience and responsibility.
• Experience leading people and obtaining results through others, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proven track record of driving both short term and long-term results.