HSE Trainer / Assistant
Since 1950, TIMET has been leading the industry in mill and melted products, supplying nearly one-fifth of the world's titanium. We are the only supplier with production facilities in both the United States and Europe to support our multinational customer base.
Development of training, coordination of training, conduct training. To provide support of on-going and up-coming learning and training initiatives within the Henderson facility to develop effective training modules as requested. To maintain training records in the LMS System in SAP to ensure ISO, NADCAP, SOX, OSHA, Nevada CAPP, DOT and EPA RMP requirements.
Provide administrative and technical support for the Health, Safety and Environmental Department to include but not limited to regulatory correspondence, record keeping, conducting audits & inspections, managing contractor programs, training new employees, hazardous material response, manages EWI Risk Management program for contractors, and provide general administrative duties.
- Provide verification of comprehension and operator qualifications in plant positions per State of Nevada requirements
- Coordinate, schedule, manage, and report course attendance utilizing LMS and/or additional systems. Maintain appropriate tracking and reporting processes and training calendar. Oversee the coordination of the data entry of information by the Administrative Assistants in all departments
- Coordinate, reproduces (or manages reproduction of), organizes and updates all course documentation materials
- May update and maintain existing training documentation and documentation management system using MS Office
- Assist in development of or develops training independently with delivery of selected courses, as required
- Conducts research on course content
- Interviews and works closely with Henderson Plant Management and Human Resources in order to identify training requirements, timelines, and vendors
- Coordinates all site training logistics working with local Human Resources or venue managers, as appropriate
- Work with Plant Management to develop systems to support efficient and effective training modules
- Coordinate, update and develop new hire orientation for salaried and bargaining new hires to include but not limited to policy reviews, safety requirements
- Develop, coordinate, and update supervisory/management training for new supervisors/managers as well as seasoned supervisors/managers to include but not limited to Human Resources subject matters, such as Company policies, EEO, Affirmative Action, FMLA, supervisory skills, coaching, working with a diverse workforce, interviewing techniques, etc.
- Document and track MOC’s, weekly safety supervisor meetings, quarterly safety meeting reports for management.
- Ensure TIMET and contractors are in compliance with EWI Risk Management for Contractor’s Insurance
- Maintain electronic and paper HSEA files, indexes, and reporting.
Ability to think on feet and handle skeptical audiences
Demonstrate excellent written and verbal skills
Ability to exercise independent judgment to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload, recommend changes in office practices and procedures
Takes initiative and a self-starter
Ability to manage multiple projects or tasks at one time
Excellent command of the English language
Ability to be detail-focused
Seeks to positively influence and encourage others
Possess high degree of integrity and ability to keep confidentialities
Demonstrate Team Behaviors and Ground rules
Education and Experience
Associates Degree or equivalent experience required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
SAP 4.6 or other ERP system to include one module and ideally a Learning Management System
MS Office with excellent PowerPoint skills
Knowledge of OSHA, Nevada CAPP, DOT and EPA RMP requirements preferred
Experience: Minimum 2 years, preferred 3-5 years
It is the policy of this organization to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, covered veteran status or disability. As an affirmative action employer under E.O. 11246 we invite all applicants to identify themselves on their application.