Under limited supervision, performs test/inspection per specifications and/or Nadcap requirements for hardware acceptance and/or process acceptance. Assists Metallurgist in metallurgical examinations, failure analysis and other issues related to processing and production.
1. Performs metallurgical tests in accordance with internal and external specifications for products and processes.
2. Assists in failure analysis of parts to determine cause of failure and recommend solutions.
3. Performs surface contamination tests of the heat treat furnaces.
4. Provides technical support to focused factories and R&D.
5. Processes all tests subcontracted to outside source per customer requirements, and tests requested by internal customers using computer database-Lab Request.
6. Releases all test results to Cherry intranet upon completion of review
7. Coordinates with internal/external sources for preventative maintenance schedules on all lab equipment including Scanning Electron Microscope and other analysis equipment
8. Controls and orders supplies and/or consumables as required
9. Assist Metallurgist in other test/inspection as required.
1. Complies with all environmental safe practices and regulations. Has knowledge of MSDS, all labeling and storage requirements for chemicals.
2. Performs other laboratory duties as assigned or requested.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
* High school graduate.
* Or AA/AS degree in material science or metallurgical filed preferred.
* 5 years experience in met lab environment
* Able to read/interpret Blueprint/specification and understand the requirements
* Basic knowledge of chemistry and metallurgy
* Basic knowledge of metallurgical laboratory practice
* Basic knowledge of special processes such as Heat Treat and surface process in manufacturing environment
* Able to perform metallurgical examinations per specification and procedure
* Familiar with equipment in metallurgical laboratory
* Sufficient computer skills working with Microsoft files and programs
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION
When assigned, acts as a lead person in met lab
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.