Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
PCC Aerostructures is a leading supplier of complex components and assemblies to the global aerospace industry.
PCC Aerostructures now includes more than 35 plants in the U.S, Europe and Asia with over 5500 employees and has ambitious growth plans. Businesses within PCC Aerostructures include Primus International, SPS Aerostructures, Centra, Avibank and AVK, Klune, ProCoat, Southwest United Industries, Progressive Incorporated, Synchronous, and Kalistrut. Plants locations include Washington, Utah, California, Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas, Ohio, Canada, Mexico, the UK, and China.
Aerospace Dynamics International, Inc. (ADI) is broadly recognized as one of the worlds’ most respected suppliers of large complex machined parts and assemblies to the aerospace industry. Having recently achieved a Tier I status, ADI is a provider of major structural components on virtually every commercial and military aircraft program. At every level, ADI's dedicated team has worked hard to achieve and maintain a world-class reputation for the highest level of excellence in quality, on time delivery, and customer service to exceed customer expectations.
With the rapid advancement in aircraft technologies, ADI continues to make sure we are able to meet our customers' current and future needs by constantly upgrading and improving our capabilities and facilities through the ongoing acquisition of the most technologically advanced equipment in the industry. Combined with a commitment to the continuing education and improvement of our workforce, and cutting-edge management systems, ADI is positioned to meet the challenges of the evolving needs of the aircraft industry.
ADI stands ready to offer the full depth of our combined resources to partner with our customers, from proposal through development, launch, and throughout the life of the program. We work hard to offer the most affordable and producible manufacturing solution to your most complex and challenging requirements.
ADI was acquired by Precision Castparts Corp. in March, 2014
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer will interpret customer purchase orders then design manufacturing processes, procedures, and production layouts for assemblies, equipment installation, processing, machining, and material handling to safely and effectively produce parts to print. As a leader within our manufacturing engineering team, the senior manufacturing engineer will mentor junior MEs and provide support that will drive quality, ensure on-time delivery, increase productivity, and reduce costs.
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer will report to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with teams to propose and implement manufacturing processes and workflow layouts based on customer requirements and best practices using appropriate software
- Work with operations and facility personnel to optimize equipment, tooling, and work-bench layouts to meet manufacturing, company, and customer needs
- Interpret customer engineering data (drawings, specifications, and processes)
- Coordinate engineering changes with internal and customer teams and assures entry into PDM and MRP systems
- Support production, planning, production control, procurement, document control, and quality personnel in interpretation of engineering into work orders as required
- Support non-conformance rework/repair with manufacturing process recommendations and consult with customer and internal team members as required
- Support planning, production, and programming to implement and optimize machining set-ups and programs
- Mentor Manufacturing Engineers to further develop ME skillsets and guide development and implementation of process improvements.
- May occasionally perform special projects, perform other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of manufacturing, methods, fabrication processes (e.g., forming, stamping, machining, heat treatment, machines/machine tools, cutting tools and fluids, N/C programming, instrumentation, data acquisition and control systems).
- Ability to select the best method of producing parts, tools or assemblies
- Basic knowledge of day to day document control functions
- Understanding of workflow, to include parts flow through machining, surface processing, and assembly.
- Ability to optimize factory work flow through analysis of machine and work-bench layout, tooling set-ups, scheduling, and staging
- Knowledge of statistical control, lean and continuous improvement methods in a manufacturing environment
- Skill and ability to collect, organize, synthesize, and analyze data, summarize findings, develop conclusions and recommendations from appropriate data sources
- Blueprint reading skills, appropriate math skills, experience with 3D CAD modeling software (CATIA preferred), proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
5-10 years of related experience is required
Level of Education:
BA or BS in an Engineering discipline is required
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.