The Engineering Technician reports to the Process Engineering Manager. The Engineering Technician is responsible for assigned tasks in support of the Manufacturing team. Under general supervision, he/she performs a wide range of established or routine technical/production tasks, processes, test or studies of a manual or technical nature. Plans approaches and assumes responsibility for performing and evaluating an assignment once the objectives are outlined. Provides solutions to technical problems using established techniques. Works with technical/production senior technicians and engineers to help devise new methods and/or procedures. Gathers, records, analyzes and summarizes data; may prepare charts or graphs. Writes reports or memos on projects or results, as necessary. Provides overall assistance to senior technicians and/or engineers. Works to general outlines provided by supervisor and has work reviewed periodically.
• Know, uphold and abide by plant Safety rules and related EH&S related regulations
• Interface smoothly with other departments/teams to develop joint plans for resolving parts problems
• Work closely with and favorably represent PCC with customers and suppliers
• Developing and adhering to, with any troubleshooting necessary, project timetables
• Logical and analytic approach to problem solving
• Experience in CAD such as Solidworks, AutoCAD, or Revit a plus.
• Procedural creation/revision of manufacturing processes
• Manage multiple improvement projects simultaneously
• Investigate and implement process yield improvements through waste reduction and elimination of non- value added activities
• Lean implementations while maintaining process continuity
• Support the generation and document change controls for Standard operating procedures and associated documentation
• Support and control Engineering and Process Change Requests
OTHER GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES (For detailed list of tasks and duties, use a Job Duties List)
• Communicates issues effectively and in a timely manner with Supervisor and/or Manager
• Work in close partnership with managers, supervisors, leads and other employees in a collaborative manner to achieve company goals and objectives.
• Know, uphold and abide by all related regulations and company policies, procedures, guidelines, rules and good manufacturing processes.
• Create timely and accurate reports.
• Participate in audits, compliance testing and projects.
• Performs other functions as assigned.
NATURE OF WORK CONTACTS
• Walks the shop floor to understand workflow and to interact daily with supervisors, leads and other employees.
• Discuss and resolve product issues and business matters in a timely and effective manner
• Liaise with internal colleagues to ensure equipment and processes meet local and national regulatory and business requirements (EHS / Maintenance / Production / Quality / IT Etc.)
TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Requires a high-school diploma and pursuit of a STEM degree OR equivalent experience.
• Basic knowledge of scientific principles and laboratory techniques.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to apply established procedures to complete a task after it is outlined.
• Knowledge and demonstrated ability in engineering principles and disciplines; employed manufacturing processes; statistical analysis (data correlation); technical report and article preparation; preparing specifications; ability to define, plan, and complete major projects; ability to partner with and supervise/direct activities of professionals with diverse expertise.
• Experience using Computer Aided Design, Statistical programs, and Excel.
• Able to understand and apply sound judgment to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
• Makes sound decisions when general instructions, established methods and clearly defined precedents indicate action to be taken, but confers on unusual situations and issues with supervisors.
• Able to communicate effectively with co-workers and others.
• Able to meet individual productivity requirements.
• Exercises a high degree of care in the handling of parts to avoid damage.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.