CNC Lathe Operator
Sets up and operates CNC Lathes to perform series of machining operations by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Works from layout and work order program and set up machines to produce required parts.
Accepts responsibility for maintaining proper cycle time of machine.
Continuously monitors the parts being produced by machines, must have a working knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC), and complete SPC charts as required.
Accepts responsibility for acceptable level of quality and quantity of production.
Performs necessary preventive maintenance.
Recognizes improper tool function and takes corrective action.
Applies complete knowledge of measuring devices required to check parts being produced.
Makes suggestions to improve efficiency of machine or operation.
Must have knowledge of metals and alloys, cutting oils, lube oils, tools, too functions, tool grades, surface feet and feeds, measuring and check instruments, use of charts and guide books to supplement these areas of knowledge.
Reports when work orders or layouts need to be corrected to improve overall function.
- Demonstrate general communication skills such as reading pan tags, reporting production data and receiving job instructions and procedures
- Knowledge of arithmetic such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division, including decimals and fractions, simple use of formulas, charts, tables, drawings, specifications and schedules
- Ability to use fixed gages and direct reading instruments and devices in which interpretation is not required (e.g. borescope, gage blocks, go/no go gages, plug gages, ring gages, scale (6” or 12’), scale (weight), snap gages)
- Must remain alert through diversified operations
- Must follow general instructions and standard methods and procedures
Our organization has a responsibility to comply with all applicable requirements set forth by International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”, 22 CFR 120-130). As such, this position may have access to ITAR controlled information and must meet eligibility requirements to work in the United States.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.