Senior Java Developer
Special Metals Corporation (SMC) is seeking a Senior Java Developer to maintain manufacturing applications. Successful candidates will have experience with Java version 6 and higher, knowledge of GlassFish or WebLogic and a general understanding of manufacturing environments.
The Senior Java Developer is responsible for collaborating with Business representatives, functional analysts, and vendors on technical designs, application changes and support of the manufacturing shop floor systems. The Senior Java Developer must work in compliance with agreed upon standards, processes and methodologies. This individual will be responsible for interfaces to other Enterprise applications and certain technical aspects of major projects and deployments.
• Construct complex custom code in accordance with plans & design specifications.
• Develop accurate work estimates based on user defined requirements.
• Provide technical assistance, address application support issues, and answer application based inquiries received from plant leadership.
• Perform modifications to, and maintenance of, existing programs and procedures.
• Create and execute test plans to find errors, validate deliverables and confirm code meets design requirements.
• Create technical methodologies for engineering solutions to application development problems.
• Provide training and production support to plant leadership and user base.
• Define opportunities to improve operations of the company by improved systems, whether they be manual or computerized.
• Follow and check programming to ensure that work conforms to specifications.
• Write user manuals and assist in training.
• Maintain a safe working area and ensure that safe working practices are developed and implemented.
• Ability to work comfortably in a SOX environment and adhere to corporate policies.
• Effectively present information to vendors, contractors and employees in one-on-one and small group situations.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Prior experience successfully leading Java software development and application support, preferably in a large multi-national organization.
• Solid understanding of software development lifecycle models, agile methodology and the ability to blend or fit projects to the business environment.
• Excellent communication, experience interacting with both business and IT team members at all levels including General Manager.
• Ability to establish a high level of trust and confidence with the user community.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field; Master’s degree preferred
• 5-9 years Java development experience; lead developer preferred
• 5-9 years GlassFish, WebLogic, or similar
• 5-9 years LINUX and/or UNIX experience
• General knowledge of manufacturing business processes.
• Strong analytical, planning, organization skills with the ability to manage competing demands.
• Standard office (95%) / Manufacturing (5%)
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.