Human resources Co-Op- May 2020
The Human Resources Co-op student is responsible for human resource activities for the company including, day-to-day employee interaction and assistance, recruitment, policy and procedural reviews, ad hoc reporting and project specific human resources work.
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
- Recruiting for hourly employees; including internal and external job postings, interviews, reference checking, recommendations, preparation of offer letters, follow up discussions and organizational announcements.
- Onboarding of new candidates including set up on all systems, file creation, inform IT and hiring manager of start date, orientation presentation, schedule probation review with manager, etc.
- Employee relations such as responding to questions, assisting with benefits and retirement savings concerns,
- Maintenance of employee communication systems such as bulletin boards, stocking employee form center, communication emails, holiday schedules, etc.
- Provide recommendations and update company policies, procedures, and documentation where needed.
- Employee relations; respond to day to day inquiries from employees
- Recommend, update and maintain human resource databases, electronic employee files and training logs.
- Participate in monthly audits for data integrity (HRIS, Controlled Goods Program compliance).
- Participate in JHSC meetings, communications and corrective actions
- All other duties as assigned
Project Based Accountabilities
- Research, design and propose training program (mandatory training, record tracking, etc.)
- Audit existing training records for compliance
- Review and standardize job descriptions. Meet with managers/supervisors to discuss roles, gather information and complete updates.
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources or Business Administration or related experience
- Working towards CHRP designation
- Knowledge and understanding of Employment Standards, Human Rights, Occupational Health and Safety Act, and other related legislation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information
- Attention to Detail
- Building Trust
- Strong Communication Skills
- Customer Service Focus
- Ethics and Integrity
- Managing Conflict
- Problem Solving