Senior Financial Analyst/Assistant Controller
The Senior Financial Analyst performs complex accounting functions related to financial processes, reporting, analysis and interpretation and provides input to management and guidance to other Finance department personnel in regard to these functions. This position reports to the Controller.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with month end closing processes, maintain the general ledger, generate monthly journal entries and reconcile accounts.
- Prepare and analyze financial statements and internal reports and provide summaries and recommendations to management regarding financial activities.
- Prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting.
- Provide financial analysis and reporting on results and trends of operations.
- Assist with product cost development and cost savings calculations, creating budgets, forecasts and activity rates.
- Develop a strong understanding of the Financial and ERP systems and the ability to data mine.
- Manage fixed assets including capitalizations, disposals, monthly depreciation, federal depreciation, and researching appropriate accounting treatment of complex transactions related to fixed assets.
- Prepare and file taxes and external reporting including but not limited to L&I reporting, B&O taxes, 1099 reporting, property taxes, and census reports.
- Establish and maintain effective communication and coordination with team members, coworkers, production staff and management.
- Review and improve daily processes and tasks to expedite and improve workflow.
- Perform job functions with minimal supervision
- Provide audit support through the generation of timely, accurate schedules and documents.
- Provide support to Finance clerical staff and assist in resolving issues that arise in these areas with minimal supervision.
- Create and maintain adequate and appropriate procedural documentation.
- Assist with SOX compliance and reporting.
- Be an active and informed participant in financial and ERP system implementations.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Excel with intermediate skills in other Microsoft Office products.
- Team player with a proactive, positive attitude and a strong sense of self-motivation, accountability, and responsibility.
- Ability to quickly understand concepts and think through possible solutions and implications.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities using strong organization and prioritization skills.
- High degree of integrity while working with confidential information discreetly and appropriately.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an emphasis on attention to detail balanced with a big picture focus.
- Comprehensive knowledge of GAAP.
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret financial data with an understanding of GAAP and regulatory requirements as well as company policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Ability to rely on experience and judgment to work independently to prioritize and accomplish daily tasks.
- Ability to identify and research accounting issues independently and communicate conclusions effectively both verbally and in written form.
- Familiarity with manufacturing / processing environment preferred.
Required Experience and Education
- 3+ years of progressive accounting experience
- Accounting experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment
- BA/S in Accounting or Finance
- CPA License, CMA License or MBA preferred